k7s5a front panel wiring prob

dick_dastardly

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2002
Ok an easy one for someone (i hope).
Just built my a pc, all going fine other than the fact i can't make head nor tale of the front panel wiring diagram.
it will be a little difficult with out pictures but here we are.

K7S5A Motherboard fpi pin config:
_____
|1|2|
^^^^^
|3|4|
^^^^^
|5|6|
^^^^^
|7|8|
^^^^^
|9|10|
^^^^^
DEVICE PINS
hd_led_p 1
fp pwr/slp 2,4
hd_led_n 3
rst_sw_n 5,8
rst_sw_p 6,7
key 9,10

case wiring config:
reset switch 2-pin plug
pwr switch 2-pin plug
hd led 2-pin plug
pwr led 3-pin plug (only two wires in 1st & 3rd pin)

at the minute the reset button seems to be working as the power button!!!!!!

any advice would be helpful.

thanks

HammerBot

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
A friend of mine just bought the exact same mobo and had the same problem. The documentation just sucks and does not correspond to the printing on the board. Take a closer look at the board and forget the documentation. If it doesn't help, post again, and I'll ask my friend how he made the connections.

<i><b>Engineering is the fine art of making what you want from things you can get</b></i>
<A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=655" target="_new">My systems</A>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Heh. They never are easy to understand.
Looks like you have to do it the slow way.
Start with the power connector and get that working. If your reset switch is acting as the power then obviously its hwere the power should be LOL

<b>The Intel Celleron 2.1 & 2.2Ghz processors provide consumers with a great way to get on the Internet. Which one of the 478 pins plug into the phone socket? - <i>Intel & The Inquirer</i></b>

dick_dastardly

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2002
Reply 1. Frankly looking at the abbreviations on the board confuses me even more!!!!!

Reply 2. Would i not blow a component just sticking wires in which ever slot??????

Your help is appreciated guys

HammerBot

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
Hm. My friend is currently abroad, so I can't ask him how he did it. But considereing his attempts, I dont you'll fry anything by trying. Can you make an asciigraphics of the board-connector and abbreviations?

<i><b>Engineering is the fine art of making what you want from things you can get</b></i>
<A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=655" target="_new">My systems</A>