K7S5A PRO, which board to replace it with ?

I've been thinking a replacing my K7S5A PRO with a board that support the
333 bus.
(currently using AMD 2000/266, two 256mb PC2700)
I was thinking of using a ECS L7S7A2.
Hoping that Win XP OEM will allow it.
Because the L7S7A2 uses a newer version of the SIS chipset.
Have other people tried what I'm going to, any luck ?
Is there a better board (brand) that uses the SIS chipset ?

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 20:44:02 GMT, "Tod" <no_spam_me@comcast.net> wrote:

>I've been thinking a replacing my K7S5A PRO with a board that support the
>333 bus.
>(currently using AMD 2000/266, two 256mb PC2700)
>I was thinking of using a ECS L7S7A2.
>Hoping that Win XP OEM will allow it.
>Because the L7S7A2 uses a newer version of the SIS chipset.
>Have other people tried what I'm going to, any luck ?
>Is there a better board (brand) that uses the SIS chipset ?

I have several L7S7A2 boards.....and they work great with Windows XP.
Of course you have to load the SIS specific drivers from the motherboard
CD.

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 03:04:26 GMT, Big Jerk <ric.duncan@verizon.net>
wrote:

>I have several L7S7A2 boards.....and they work great with Windows XP.
>Of course you have to load the SIS specific drivers from the motherboard
>CD.

I agree. They can be very cheap. For someone in the UK, they are
available for £35 from a shop (Mr Computer) in St. Albans,
Hertfordshire. Which bios do you use for the mb?

--

Julian Richards
computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

XP Home
L7S7A2 motherboard
Powercolor 9800 SE 8 pipelines 438/364 with Omega drivers
1 GB RAM
10 GB + 80 GB HDs
CD+DVD/CDRW drives

I've already updated my computer with the latest AGP drivers from SIS.
I've heard that the standard ATA/EIDE driver that come with Win XP
is best to stick with.