K8N E-DELUXE BUZZING !!!

Hello !

I have one problem and mybe you guys can help me out.
I bought K8N e-deluxe motherboard from ASUS.
Now that it is assembled whenever my ADSL modem is on I get buzzing sound
from my motherboard itself (I think it is those small coils with ferrite
core near the processor).

In the PCshop they gave me new board and it has same problem.
Buzzing stops when I stop the modem with Safely Remove the Hardware thing
from the tray. Also buzzing stops (sometimes) for a moment when i move my
scroll wheel on mouse (weird) and when I open adobe PDF document and press
left bouse button and hold it pressed it stops buzzing and when I release
left mouse button it starts buzzing again.

It stopped buzzing when I started online game Americas Army - during the
game it buzzed only when it accessed the hard disk occasionally. When I quit
the game buzzing returns.

I suspected that modem is faulty maybe but when the modem is not connected
and I plug USB data cable of my cellphone I also get buzzing.

I am loosing my mind ... my computer is built with silent components and the
buzz is KILLING ME !!!

Thank you for your help

Bye

my setup
ASUS K8N e-deluxe
ATHLON64 3000+ sckt 754
KINGMAX DDR400
SIEMENS A100I MODEM USB
PSU FORTRON 350W
COOLER ZALMAN CNPS7000
HDD SAMSUNG
VGA CARD RADEON 9200
in pci slots I have Sky Star2 DVB card and Audigy2ZS but it is buzzing
without them also

Apollo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"a" <a@aa.aa> wrote in message news:cstk6b$bmt$1@ls219.htnet.hr...
> Hello !
>
> I have one problem and mybe you guys can help me out.
> I bought K8N e-deluxe motherboard from ASUS.
> Now that it is assembled whenever my ADSL modem is on I get
> buzzing sound
> from my motherboard itself (I think it is those small coils with
> ferrite
> core near the processor).

Locate the core making the noise, by pressing them with your
finger or some other non-conductive thing, then smear some epoxy
on the offending one, job done.

--
Ian

a wrote:
> Hello !
>
> I have one problem and mybe you guys can help me out.
> I bought K8N e-deluxe motherboard from ASUS.
> Now that it is assembled whenever my ADSL modem is on I get buzzing sound
> from my motherboard itself (I think it is those small coils with ferrite
> core near the processor).
>
> In the PCshop they gave me new board and it has same problem.
> Buzzing stops when I stop the modem with Safely Remove the Hardware thing
> from the tray. Also buzzing stops (sometimes) for a moment when i move my
> scroll wheel on mouse (weird) and when I open adobe PDF document and press
> left bouse button and hold it pressed it stops buzzing and when I release
> left mouse button it starts buzzing again.
>
> It stopped buzzing when I started online game Americas Army - during the
> game it buzzed only when it accessed the hard disk occasionally. When I quit
> the game buzzing returns.
>
> I suspected that modem is faulty maybe but when the modem is not connected
> and I plug USB data cable of my cellphone I also get buzzing.
>
> I am loosing my mind ... my computer is built with silent components and the
> buzz is KILLING ME !!!
>
> Thank you for your help
>
> Bye
>
> my setup
> ASUS K8N e-deluxe
> ATHLON64 3000+ sckt 754
> KINGMAX DDR400
> SIEMENS A100I MODEM USB
> PSU FORTRON 350W
> COOLER ZALMAN CNPS7000
> HDD SAMSUNG
> VGA CARD RADEON 9200
> in pci slots I have Sky Star2 DVB card and Audigy2ZS but it is buzzing
> without them also

I have a K8N and it does exactly the same thing. It sounds pretty high
pitched here and only happened since I installed windows. It doesnt do
it during booting up...

It stops when the computer is doing anything intensive. I was wondering
if it had anything to do with the pc speaker. I couldnt tell where the
noise was coming from, thought it was my hard disk

Sandi

Most of the people told me that the power supply is responsible for the
buzzing of the motherboard and that the upgrade to the more powerful and
higher quality power supply should fix this but it is costly experiment :))

> I have a K8N and it does exactly the same thing. It sounds pretty high
> pitched here and only happened since I installed windows. It doesnt do it
> during booting up...
>
> It stops when the computer is doing anything intensive. I was wondering if
> it had anything to do with the pc speaker. I couldnt tell where the noise
> was coming from, thought it was my hard disk
>

> Sandi

Mike

Splendid

I've been running this board since Oct... with a Thermaltake power supply,
and have had none of this noise...

I have a cheap PS available... maybe I will test it

"a" <a@aa.aa> wrote in message news:ct14sb$npn$1@ls219.htnet.hr...
> Most of the people told me that the power supply is responsible for the
> buzzing of the motherboard and that the upgrade to the more powerful and
> higher quality power supply should fix this but it is costly experiment
> :))
>
>> I have a K8N and it does exactly the same thing. It sounds pretty high
>> pitched here and only happened since I installed windows. It doesnt do it
>> during booting up...
>>
>> It stops when the computer is doing anything intensive. I was wondering
>> if it had anything to do with the pc speaker. I couldnt tell where the
>> noise was coming from, thought it was my hard disk
>>

>> Sandi

silver

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2004

Interesting, I've got the K8Ne-Deluxe motherboard and have not heard
that buzzing noise before, except for "whining" noise of graphics
card fan.

If ASUS has 2 people here with the same problem, then there must
bemany more. Maybe product recall?