K9A2 CF MOTHERBOARD

Nelda

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
PLEASE HELP. AS THIS BOARD HAS NO ON-BOARD VGA CONNECTION I CANNOT ACCESS THE BIOS SETUP AT START-UP BECAUSE THE SCREEN STAYS BLANK ALTHOUGH I INSTALLED A BRAND NEW GF 9800GT PCI E CARD BUT STILL NOTHING HAPPENS ON THE SCREEN. HOW DO I ACCESS THE BIOS IF NO SIGNAL ON THE SCREEN?

Solution
You can't. Something else is not right. If your son flashed the bios and the problem ocurred right after, then the bios flash was bad, resulting in a dead board. You can replace the bios chip (hard to find on an older board) or go to websites such as biosman and see if they can send you a new bios chip. I recommend another used board with the same chipset as your old board if you want to try to save your old files without reloading windows.

Nelda

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
Thanks for you reply. Yes, The board is good. I understand my son flashed the bios. The power supply is a 600Watt job. How do I go about now. I downloaded the Bios upgrade, found the "how to upgrade the bios" but how do I go about if the screen does not come on? Please Help! :eek:

You can't. Something else is not right. If your son flashed the bios and the problem ocurred right after, then the bios flash was bad, resulting in a dead board. You can replace the bios chip (hard to find on an older board) or go to websites such as biosman and see if they can send you a new bios chip. I recommend another used board with the same chipset as your old board if you want to try to save your old files without reloading windows.

Solution

Nelda

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
Hey, You guys are really great. The little sh*t changed the memory modules (2 x2) into both on the green slots. That caused this stop: 0x ooooooA5 blue sceen of death. I just switched to one module on green and one to orange and...whalla!!!
Once again: thanks a lot!!