KA-6130 drivers needed

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic (More info?)

Hi everybody!

I've lost my CD-Pro for KA-6130 motherboard. Neither my USB-Port nor the
Gameport for my Joystick work. I searched the official site of fic but
it is very unclearly which drivers are right. I downloaded some of the
recommended drivers but they didn't work. Can anybody help me and tell
me where I find the right drivers for this Motherboard, specially for
the Gameport/Soundcard and USB-Device?

Thx
epikur

epikur wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I've lost my CD-Pro for KA-6130 motherboard. Neither my USB-Port nor the
> Gameport for my Joystick work. I searched the official site of fic but
> it is very unclearly which drivers are right. I downloaded some of the
> recommended drivers but they didn't work. Can anybody help me and tell
> me where I find the right drivers for this Motherboard, specially for
> the Gameport/Soundcard and USB-Device?
>
> Thx
> epikur

thought that board looked familiar, I have one myself but have not
put into use. Anyway, I agree it is confusing but the ftp links are
there, you are just gonna have to dig. Look at the chip itself and see
if that model number matches a ftp file name, that may help some. It is
an ESS chip. Good luck and keep trying.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.fic (More info?)

Hey, epikur.

I took a look at that FTP link myself. The link they send you to is way
too new to belong to your motherboard. Try going to
ftp://ftp.fic.com.tw/motherboard/driver/ and hunt through the folders
that start with "cd_pro_". There are ESS drivers in there.

Another alternative is to look for an ESS chip on your motheboard, read
the number, and try to match it up with something on ESS's website:
http://www.esstech.com/techsupp/drivers.shtm

As for the USB, do you have any idea what chipset the motherboard uses?
If not, try looking for really big chips on the motherboard that say
"Intel", VIA", "SiS", or "ALi". Intel I would expect to work out of the
box, but the others may need a little nudging.

--Alex