[SOLVED] Kali Linux vs Ubuntu

Solution
Although Kali is technically an OS, you should consider it to be more of a tool that is used for a specific task. In that light, I would not consider it useful to compare with other operating systems, since it's not really meant to be used like one. It has the features of an OS (desktop environment) simply to make it easier to use the tools inside.

Kali is really meant to be run "live" or in a VM. Some dual boot it, but it is not meant to be used for day to day tasks like writing documents, surfing the web, ect. In fact, I think it is considered a pretty terrible and insecure operating system since everything runs as root user.

If you are a digital forensics expert, student of the subject or just curious about the subject, test...

dmroeder

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005
Although Kali is technically an OS, you should consider it to be more of a tool that is used for a specific task. In that light, I would not consider it useful to compare with other operating systems, since it's not really meant to be used like one. It has the features of an OS (desktop environment) simply to make it easier to use the tools inside.

Kali is really meant to be run "live" or in a VM. Some dual boot it, but it is not meant to be used for day to day tasks like writing documents, surfing the web, ect. In fact, I think it is considered a pretty terrible and insecure operating system since everything runs as root user.

If you are a digital forensics expert, student of the subject or just curious about the subject, test run it in a VM to see what it is all about. However, I wouldn't use it for anything else.

https://docs.kali.org/introduction/should-i-use-kali-linux

Solution