Kali TP-Link TP-WN881ND wifi adapter experience question

akimikage

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
So I'm trying to choose a wifi adapter for Kali that can do monitor mode and packet injection. I'm still learning so I don't know which works or not but based on what I've researched myself and what's available for me to buy, I'm choosing between a TP-Link TP-WN722N and TP-WN881ND. Because the V2 of WN722N does't work on Kali I'm leaning towards getting the WN881ND. Now, I can only buy 1 cheap adapter coz I'm saving up for other hardware so I want to ask you guys first about your experience on using a TP-Link TP-WN881ND adapter. Does it work? does monitor mode and packet injection on Kali work?

If not, can you recommend me a TP-Link adapter. TP-Link is pretty much the only brand available that I can buy here in my place. Thanks

As Kali is a VERY targeted distribution, and the targeted userbase is not at all large in comparison to other Linux tools, the Kali forums are your best bet for an accurate answer. Although, by the time you are ready for Kali you should already have the knowledge necessary to answer questions such as these. ;)

akimikage

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
But many people who are more knowledgeable in Kali/Linux than I do are still asking same questions 0_0? And I think choosing the right adapter should be the first thing to learn coz you can't learn anything if your tool won't work with the software you're trying to learn