Kaspersky Adding 'Safe Money' To Security, Anti-Virus Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Sounds awesome but having a database of software and how they are supposed to interact with dlls and the file system, etc, it takes some imaginative programmers I think to design security software that complex without slowing down a computer too much. I mean it might I haven't used it.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
That actually sounds like a good idea I just hope it is implemented properly. If so good for them, I like it when companies step up their game which makes others try to innovate as well just to keep up.

jweller

Honorable
May 10, 2012
I switched to Kaspersky for the first time after using zonealarm, mcafee, symantec and I'm never going back, I love Kaspersky. I always buy the comprehensive version of the internet security programs. Pure has sooo many featues, browser/OS integrations, and cool little utilities in it. On some of the reviews I read it didn't have the BEST virus detection but it was way up there which is cool with me. The interface can seem unintuitive at times but I can live with that as well.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Great, another thing for Kaspersky to mess up. We used to sell it, but now we remove it from people's machines. It causes lockups, blocks internet even when the firewall is off. At times it even blocks mouse input, and bogs the system down horribly. It messes with all sorts of things and all too frequently requires uninstall / reinstall. Even repair doesn't work. It is second only to McAfee in the "well there's your problem" category.

nieur

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
yes i tried the Kaspersky Internet Security 13 technical preview one of the major problem to deal with was the size of the program data folder. It size of that folder was growing excessively high(83 GB)
second problem was that the KIS used to shut down randomly
hope they fix those problems in retail version

Status
Not open for further replies.