Kaspersky Denies Allegations That It Aids Russian Intelligence Agencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnMD1022

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
What nonsense. Instead of chasing non-existent Russian interference in the American election, perhaps there should be some investigation into why Seth Rich was murdered.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
If this conspiracy theory came from the Right, all the media outlets would dismiss it immediately as Fake News, and "far right extremist" conspiracy theories... but since it comes from Hillary's camp and they need someone to blame for her losing, the media is all over this shit.

Eugene Kaspersky

A really smart Russian guy who went to a Russian college and later founded a multinational antivirus company that later helped the Russian government remove viruses from their computers.

Bill Gates

A really smart American guy who went to an American College and later founded a multinational company that later helped the American government not use Apple.

I don't see any conflict of interest.

If it ever got out that an antivirus company was making viruses for ... well anyone ... all trust in that company would be gone and you would get posts like:

plateLunch

Honorable
Mar 31, 2017
What software do you use to backup your files? If you use Acronis, did you know that company is headed up by a Russian too? Oooooh.

Well, so far we have only caught Americans doing that.
There have been so many scandals about what Amrica is doing we accept it as norm right now.
So, either Russians are THAT much better at it, or they are not doing it.

But then again, when you are the one doing shady stuff, you expect everyone else to be doing the same thing.

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
I'm sure that, if they are giving the Kremlin info, they are not doing it volunteerly. If you resist Putin, you will probably die or have your business shut down and be put in prison. Most companies would obey out of fear of theirs and their families lives. They should move their business to a more friendly country. And yes the US does it too, but unlike Russia, you probably wont die for resisting.

Sohaib

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2007
And thousands of companies willfully allows CIA/FBI/NASA and numerous other USA security agencies to install backdoors/spyware's and whatnot not only on software but hardware too to spy on people, we should ban them too right?

spectrewind

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
Yet another reason to ignore automatic-blasphemer-company... AKA.. ABC.

In a Windows-based environment, all you have to do is install the SysInternals utililites for moment to moment thread/network monitoring, and maybe Glasswire for monitoring network history. Run them both as svchost/runtime broker job processes, and they will give you what Win10 is doing.

Or you can listen to ABC...rap.

kinggremlin

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009

In other words, you're not smart enough to see how the Russians spying on American interests could be significantly worse than US gov't monitoring its own. Regardless of what you think the US gov't is doing, you can't be stupid enough to think they are hacking into US gov't contractors and stealing their trade secrets and technology, which would end result be stealing from themselves. The Russians doing that could have dire consequences. Stealing information from the US through espionage is how the USSR developed nuclear weapons as soon as they did.

number1guy

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010

Excuse me? Did you just ASSUME everyone's political stance? SHAME SHAME SHAME!

Sohaib

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2007

So mister smart *** you think American agencies spy only on their own citizens?
I am gonna end this conversation by saying how naive you are.
Besides, i am not American neither i am a Russian. I am an asian and i know almost every hard disk that i buy for my pc, every cell phone i have owned either be a samsung or iphone, every Windows OS i have installed contains something in it to spy on people which have been proven time and time again.

If you go online and you think you are secured from agencies spying on you just by installing some antivirus/firewall from any company then you have another thing coming at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.