Question Kaspersky Pure 3.0

cAllen

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008
Here's a fun one. I have had Kaspersky Pure 3.0 (legal) License for and installed on 3 units for many years and updated subscription for them. Trying to move one over from my old Windows 7 box to my new Windows 11 box. I have the Key and Activation Key, but Kaspersky discontinued PURE 2.0 and 3.0 and no longer offers a download. I read that it can be converted to some version of Kaspersky Total Security but that program does not accept the format of these keys for some reason. I tried it and so did a long time trusted Tech at Micro Center, but you just can't enter the keys because of how the sequence is formatted. Not enough digits and hyphens in the wrong place. I even went to my Kaspersky account and all it shows are 2 each expired licenses my Son used in College. I tried to add this key to the account...and again it would not take the format of the Key/s. I last updated early Sunday morning before pulling the hard drive from my old box to have MC move all my files over...which is complete now. Also moved over my Lifetime MBAM using the legal keys.

So I'm at a loss right now. Anyone who has ever run Kaspersky knows it's nearly impossible to get any personal support. Anyone care to help with this, because I have about 630 days left on this 3 box License and don't know how to move this one over.

Thanks.

Last edited:

cAllen

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008
Well I finally got a person on the phone from Kaspersky who said an email would be sent to resolve this issue. Instruction to download and a key were given. We will try it tomorrow as the new rig is still at MC pending this.

Last edited:

cAllen

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008
As to any "blacklist/ing"...that's above my pay grade, but thank you for responding. I only want to reinstall so I can test my MBAM/Kaspersky solution against the" here" recommended Defender solution...and because I paid for this. Will update tomorrow.

I miss having "My Box".

Last edited: