Kaspersky vs Bitdefender

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CWEric

Reputable
Jun 13, 2015
Kaspersky is also automatic. Both are similar suits. Kaspersky does a poor job detecting pup but I wouldn't trust Bitdefender to work properly out of the gate when many users has issues with the current program.

strikersz7

Reputable
Dec 9, 2015
Kaspersky is much better than bitdefender. i am part of security technical (corporate) and we trust kaspersky.

kaspersky not only blocking virus or other malware but it can prevent attack using exploit technique (attacked open port).

i already test exploit to other server that use kaspersky and well done kaspersky can block it.

exploitation is the highest our concern !! because when the attacker already get your computer using exploit technique , none of antivirus cannot detect it because it running in memory not create some file or other in hard disk. so the attacker can control your computer like administrator. you won't know if you've been infiltrated.

you can prevent this exploit using IPS.

MWOLFMAN80

Honorable
Feb 9, 2014
I would go with Kaspersky over Bitdefender for Windows 8.1 personally. I have used Bitdefender with over a handful of 8.1 pro Installations and it doesn't seem as compatible; as far as disabling the windows firewall like most antiviruses tend to do and replace it with their own. Provided you use a version with a firewall included. Bitdefender is a pain "At Times" to uninstall as well for some reason on Windows 8.1. As far as catching malware like "Pup" both have failed alot for me, where malwarebytes picked them up as I have it installed with both when I used them.

Status
Not open for further replies.