Question KC3000 m.2 NVMe not recognized in BIOS or Windows setup. Asus ROG Strix Z690-G, i7-13700k. New build.

Oct 29, 2022
New build, Asus ROG Strix Z690-G motherboard and 13700k. Storage is 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVMe m.2 SSD. It's the only drive in the system and has no data on it. PSU is 850W.

I cannot get either the BIOS nor the Windows setup (Windows 11 Home 64-bit) to recognize this drive in the m2-1 slot. In the chipset m2 slots it's listed in BIOS in EZmode under "Storage Information: RAID:" but not under boot tab or NVMe devices and I can't find anything else about it in BIOS, nor is it detected by Windows setup.

I tried putting the drive in a different computer, it still was not initially recognized in the BIOS, but was listed in Disk Manager and I was able to initialize it as GBT and create a single volume formatted as NTFS.

Putting it back in the new computer, it was still not recognized by BIOS or Windows setup. Windows is still not yet installed on the new computer so I can't use Disk Manager or other Windows tools.

I am unable to boot into Windows as the computer has no drive except for the Windows installation USB. I've tried enabling and disabling CSM, and am running current BIOS version (2103). I've reverted to previous BIOS version, and again updated to current version.

I'm at a loss of what to do next and I have had no luck in my search for answers so far. Any help is greatly appreciated.