KDS and MAG? Same company?

LancerEvolution7

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2002
Ok, I want to get another LCD monitor for my other computer. I am now using the KDS Rad-5c and its great. I'm still hesitating because there was news about a new breed of LCDs comming out in December which means price drops for the current breed. Anyways, during my break I go to my local Best Buy to check out the models they have. They did not sell any of the lesser know brands, eg. Korean Data Systems(KDS), Future Power, CTX, etc. I'm looking around when a monitor by MAG Innovisions caught my eye. To my suprise the MAG 15in LCD(don't know model name) looked identical to my KDS Rad-5c. With the exception of the coloring and the brand logo, everything right down to the base of the monitor is exactly the same. They even have the Ecology Energy... sticker and the really poor sounding speakers.

Now to the main questions. Are they the same company? Or does one manufacture make the LCD panels for the other.

GoSharks

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
No KDS and Mag are two completly different companies. Mag is actually a brand name of Proview. Proview does OEM and the odds are KDS is an OEM customer this is why the units look the same.

Jim Witkowski
Chief Hardware Engineer
Monitorsdirect.com

<A HREF="http://www.monitorsdirect.com" target="_new">MonitorsDirect.com</A>