[SOLVED] Keep charging via USB when your pc is turned off ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2018
How can i enable this feature, does it require a certain type of a USB port to function? My laptop has one of those lighting icons on once of the USB ports which allows me to charge from it when the device itself is turned off.

I'm looking for that same feature on my desktop, i have a lot of wireless devices that would benefit from charging overnight and stuff. My motherboard is Asus z170 pro gaming, latest version (3805). I've been googling this thing and i'm not sure what to do, i've tried enabling some things like "Asmedia USB 3.1 Battery charging support", ErP Ready but none have seemed to do anything. Is there a certain option i'm missing our are my USB ports just not capable of this feature? Thanks in advance.

Solution
Instead of powering off, use sleep to ram(no hibernate)
That puts your pc and monitor into a low power state very close to power off.
It is faster, sleep or wake is only a few seconds.
I did a test and my usb hub is still active indicating to me that charging could take place.
Nov 8, 2018
A
Just your mobo. I've seen it on desktop mobos but it's rare. I don't know of any models off the top of my head.
And there isn't any way to make any of my ports always charging or whatever? Like for example the ones on the front of my case? Do they depend on the case you get or?

Now that i think of it i sound like a complete ameteur.

Instead of powering off, use sleep to ram(no hibernate)
That puts your pc and monitor into a low power state very close to power off.
It is faster, sleep or wake is only a few seconds.
I did a test and my usb hub is still active indicating to me that charging could take place.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.