[SOLVED] Keep getting an error 0x800701b1 on internal HDD

Apr 25, 2022
Hello. I've recently updated my computer by adding new hard drive to it. After doing that my OS (win 10) broke and i installed it clean the same day on my SSD (i had to format it). Now my new HDD works fine i believe but my old one (which was not formatted) keeps disconnecting, and whenever i try to save something on it i got an error message saying that device is not existent. Thing i need to say that the old HDD is with me from around 6 years so it can be just dead but it worked fine like 2 weeks ago (i wasn't at home by this time). The HDD seems to be working fine for around 5-10 min after turning on the computer but after that i can hear something like the disc inside stops spinning. I tried to use HD Tune PRO (trial version) to see if it can tell me something but i couldn't start benchmark, there was no info under the "health" tab and after using error scan it scans like 2-4 squares and detects all of them as "damaged". I tried formatting the drive but it did nothing as well. Making new partition or changing assigned letters made no diffrence too. I know its possible that the drive is dead but i don't think so. I don't think that there is a problem with a power supply because all HDD's and SSD are connected with the same cable (with the corrupted one with the middle plug).

PS: I calculated PSU usage few times and it should not be a problem (Ryzen 7 2700x, gtx 1060 6gb, 2x8gb ram, 2 fans, 2 HDDs and 1 SSD for 650W power supply)

Solution
It cracks me up when people post about a HDD issue, then provide their CPU specs and not even so much as the brand of the HDD, model, etc. And not once is an actual question asked.

Please learn how to ask questions

JaredDM

Honorable
It cracks me up when people post about a HDD issue, then provide their CPU specs and not even so much as the brand of the HDD, model, etc. And not once is an actual question asked.

Please learn how to ask questions

Solution