[SOLVED] Keep getting bsods ONLY after exiting games. ntoskrnl.exe+1c1220

Nov 30, 2019
Hi guys, first time posting in a forum ever, iv tried to fix this myself for about 2 weeks now with no luck.

i am able to play games for as long as i want however once i open the game it must stay opened because as soon as i close it (or if the game crashes) about 1 or 2 minutes later my pc will blue screen with the error code memory management and bluescreenview is saying its always ntoskrnl.exe at the address ntoskrnl.exe+1c1220. i have tried everything i can find online from driver updates (using live update 6)windows updates , system restore, reinstalling games i even just reinstalled windows and still have the same problem. its a very particular pattern, once i close a game it will blue screen even if i quickly hit sleep or shutdown when i turn it on the next morning it will bluescreen when i get to the desktop and once it bluescreens once it will continue to bluescreen everytime it boots into desktop after about 30 seconds. the only way to stop it is to turn off the power at the wall and wait atleast 20 minutes. then it will run fine until the next time i close a game whether its a steam game or league of legends. i recently did upgrade my pc because my old cpu/motherboard died so the cpu/motherboard/gpu/psu are all new, and the RAM , SSD c drive and HDD e drive are old. This issue only started happening since i added upgraded my hardware.
My specs are:
B450-A-pro-MAX
Ryzen 5 3600
AMD RX580 Sapphire Nitro+ 8GB
DDR4 16GB
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (c drive)
ST2000DX001-1NS164 HDD (e drive)
Bequiet 600W PSU

A few things i havent tried yet is using DDU to clean install the drivers (does reinstalling windows do this anyway?) and i havent done a BIOS update mainly because i dont really now how to or how to check if my BIOS is even outdated and i dont really know how to use DDU.
If anyone is able to help me or has seen a similiar problem before please let me know thanks!! I am at a loss at this stage. Here is a link to the minidump files on Onedrive: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtWrVY8o3dS0jmDwVa6pwoNCqt0O?e=PCsXEV

I had more mini dump files but i lost them after reinstalling winodws, these 3 are after the new windows installation, the previous once were pretty much the same with ntoskrnl.exe but sometimes the address might be different from ntoskrnl.exe+1c1220

If you need more information just let me know! Thanks!

Solution
ntoskrnl = windows kernel. Its the brains of the outfit, PC won't work without it.

BSV & Whocrashed always blame it for the errors, and while technically true - it is what crashed - it doesn't tell you why. It is often drivers.

I can't read dumps but i will send a link to a friend who will convert them for me. Dumps from previous install not so helpful since some of the drivers are likely different now. Really depends what BSOD you getting, as there are 290+ codes now, but lucky (??) for me I only normally see about 20 of them.

DDU shouldn't be needed after clean install
MSI motherboards show you how to update bios via a video:
it is on the bios page -...

Colif

Win 11 Master
ntoskrnl = windows kernel. Its the brains of the outfit, PC won't work without it.

BSV & Whocrashed always blame it for the errors, and while technically true - it is what crashed - it doesn't tell you why. It is often drivers.

I can't read dumps but i will send a link to a friend who will convert them for me. Dumps from previous install not so helpful since some of the drivers are likely different now. Really depends what BSOD you getting, as there are 290+ codes now, but lucky (??) for me I only normally see about 20 of them.

DDU shouldn't be needed after clean install
MSI motherboards show you how to update bios via a video:
it is on the bios page - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-A-PRO-MAX#down-bios

Solution
Nov 30, 2019
sweet thanks mate, ill check out the video in a bit when im free, little busy now but thanks for your response, eager to hear what you can tell me after your friend sends you the dump files in a readable form! :)

Btw, i have a question, is it normal to have to update BIOS on a motherboard that youv only just bought?

Last edited: