Nov 22, 2020
I built my PC about a year ago. But in the past month, I've had an increasing amount of BSODs (1 or 2 at least, every play session), the most recent and repetitive one being PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

So I started to troubleshoot. I have reinstalled my display drivers using DDU, and I have run drive tests through cmd. I have also run a memory diagnostic, none of which pointed me in any direction. I have also reseated my ram sticks and changed windows from my SSD to my HDD and disconnected the SSD to see what would happen. There wasn't any BSOD for two days using HDD for windows boot, but then it happened. (I think it gave me a reason why that boid happened, but that could be my brain playing tricks on me)

I don't know whether it is a corrupted SSD, to me this seems the most likely, because the BSOD didn't give me a cause and there were many types, I think I have seen them all.

Can someone help me, please?

Solution
It's not just that BSOD that I was getting. I downloaded or redownloaded (idk) a couple of drivers and updated the bios twice, so far so good. Will keep yall posted.

Would that be underclocking? The native speed of the set is 3000mhz
It would be a very modest underclock of the ram. Ryzen 2xxx chips can have problems with ram faster than 2933Mhz. It depends on the chips memory controller. Any memory speed over 2933Mhz is overclocking the chips memory controllers as AMD states the supported memory speed is up to 2933Mhz.
https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-5-2600x
Nov 22, 2020
It is usually memory or drivers or service type software. What is your computers hardware configuration?

Im guessing you mean specs?

AsRock B450M Steel Legend
Ryzen 2600x
Corsair Vengence 16gb 3000mhz
RedDevil RX580 (soon to change to a 1650 Super)
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
WD Green 240GB SSD (salvaged, possibly corrupted?)
650w 80+ Gold PSU - I can't remember the make of the top of my head.

Posting a link to dmp files for the bluescreens might help.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA can be a hardware memory, swap drive, driver, or software issue.

Overclocked? Drop to stock clocks.

Go into Device Manager and check to make sure no hardware displaying an error.
All drivers up to date? Did problem start after a particular update?

A software troubleshooting step to recommend is to do a clean boot with 3rd party software disabled
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows
You may have to leave a few required items like Steam services (if applicable).
See if you can replicate bug.

A cheap poor quality PSU that is dying under loads is a consideration. ANY PSU (even good quality units) can fail, but is a consideration.

Check mundane stuff like dust buildup, fan failures. Overheating components can cause issue. Make sure airflow paths clean and uncluttered

Drop memory clocks a little. Yes, it sucks because Ryzen does better the higher the memory frequency, but worth testing.

It's not just that BSOD that I was getting. I downloaded or redownloaded (idk) a couple of drivers and updated the bios twice, so far so good. Will keep yall posted.

Would that be underclocking? The native speed of the set is 3000mhz
It would be a very modest underclock of the ram. Ryzen 2xxx chips can have problems with ram faster than 2933Mhz. It depends on the chips memory controller. Any memory speed over 2933Mhz is overclocking the chips memory controllers as AMD states the supported memory speed is up to 2933Mhz.
https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-5-2600x

Solution