• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Keep getting drive error

Jun 29, 2020
I've recently purchased a ryzen 5 2600, Msi b450-a pro max motherboard and 16gb of corsair ram @ 3200mhz.

To start with, everything seem to be working fine until my ram was hardware reserved in windows. In bios , it detected both ram sticks, but only half could be used. So, I moved the ram sticks in single channel to get my system to run in with all 16gb, but at the cost of single channel.

A day or so later, my game drive started to get drive errors. I thought it's fine since this has happened before and will probably be a simple fix. Once the fix was done, I got a notification from windows saying that drive scan failed and need to fix drive on restart. This has happened every time I've booted up my pc.

I've looked at other forums and tried the methods people have suggested, but none seem to work for my ram or my drive. Currently on my laptop typing this thread since my drive is repairing itself again. Don't really know what to do or how to solve this. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS