[SOLVED] Keep getting random BSOD

dormdude

Honorable
Aug 3, 2016
So for about the last week an a half I've have 6 BSOD. Originally They were only happening when I was playing Rainbow 6 siege so I figured it was a problem with that game. A graphics driver update seems to have mostly fixed it but It did crash one more time since. But I've also had it crash twice while playing ark survival and now after this 6th time i'm worried something is failing in my desktop. I'd put my money on the PSU since it's the oldest part. I used it in my previous desktop. But eveything else is like 2 or 3 years old. but the PSU is at least 5 or 6. I haven't had the crash or any issues while playing other games but ark and siege are probably the most demanding games I play. Idk if that affects the power supply like that tho. Anyone got any suggestions?
My specs AMD Ryzen 2700x, Nvidia RTX 2070 Super, 32GB DDR4, 750 Watt PSU, ASUS PRIME A320M-K.

Solution
Looks like you need to turn on AMP/XMP in your BIOS. Your memory is running slooooow.
Also, your background processes are insanely high. Nothing else should be running while you benchmark.

Reboot, fix your memory timings, log in, let it sit at the desktop for 5 mins, re-run Userbenchmark.

dormdude

Honorable
Aug 3, 2016
What was the BSOD error? Did anything change (hardware/software-wise) with the system about a week and a half ago? Did you get any BSODs before then?
Run a Userbenchmark and post a link to the results.
Idk if it said what the error was or at least I didn't see it. I've never really had to deal with DSOD so I never knew they showed what the error was. Anyway to find out after the facts? No nothing changed with the hardware but I'm not sure about the software other than what I already mentioned, updating the graphics driver. If you mean the games I only just started playing both of those on PC. I've played Ark in the past without any issue as far I can remember.

UserBenchmarks: Game 98%, Desk 82%, Work 97%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X - 84.5%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070S (Super) - 116.8%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (2016) - 86%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (2016) - 79.9%
USB: TOSHIBA External USB 3.0 1TB - 38.8%
RAM: Unknown CL18-22-22 D4-3600 2x16GB - 84.9%
MBD: Asus PRIME A320M-K

Looks like you need to turn on AMP/XMP in your BIOS. Your memory is running slooooow.
Also, your background processes are insanely high. Nothing else should be running while you benchmark.

Reboot, fix your memory timings, log in, let it sit at the desktop for 5 mins, re-run Userbenchmark.

Reactions: dormdude
Solution

dormdude

Honorable
Aug 3, 2016
I've never messed BIOS too much but I went through it, I couldn't find a way to enable AMP and I didn't see XMP anywhere but I did find an advance AMP configuration menu with a few options. There was erp Ready with 3 choices of disable, enable s4+s5, or enable s5. They rest all referred to power. Restore ac power loss, power on by PCI-E, power on by ring, power on by RTC. They were all set to disable. Thanks for your help btw. I appreciate it.

Nevermind I can't read. It said APM config. I tried lookin up how to do it and even looking up my specific motherboard and I still couldn't figure it out

update again. I did change the memory frequency to auto to see if that could help and it looks like it made a huge improvement. not sure if it's the same thing you were talking about. https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/43960438

Last edited: