Keep losing signal with Monitor/ CPU and Graphics over 60 idle.

Nov 24, 2014
Hey first time posting.
My friend told me to post here after you guys helped him.

I've have my Computer for about 2 1/2 years now with no problems using the same TV Sony bravio with HDMI as my monitor. My PC is An hp pavilion with windows 7 64 bit and I've always been able to play the latest games with max setting no problem. But lately when playing a game like Smite, wow, Streaming a video, or sometimes when i am not on any big programs the TVs turns to purple(default for no signal) and says "No Signal Found". It usually goes back if i alt tab for 1-2 minutes and after that it wont fail again till my game is done.

I recently also did some windows updates near the same time and tried to update my AMD drivers. i went back to an earlier version of it and it helped a little.
I tested the HDMI Cable with my Laptop for a day and had no problems. i believe it has something to do with my graphics card but i'm not entirely sure.
my video card also takes a while to load up when i log on for about 4+ months now about 30s - 3-4 minutes.
Is my graphics card dying? need a new one? or is it something completely different.

I really don't know what else to say, so ask me if you need info.

EDIT: Both My CPU and Graphics are above 60 when mostly idle.
The fan is Running Fine.
I never have opened the case and room is cold.

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz 64 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
PEGATRON CORPORATION 2AB5 (CPU 1) 37 °C
Graphics
SONY TV (1280x720@60Hz)
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series (MSI) 64 °C
Storage
1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20EARS-60MVWB0 (SATA) 26 °C
Optical Drives
hp BD E DH12E3LH
Audio
IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

dovah-chan

Honorable
Just a quick system run down using something like speccy would have been more suitable than posting the entire dxdiag. But what I would try first is to do a system restore to the time before you installed the windows updates.

Nov 24, 2014

Before i do that, i Just realized both my cpu and graphics card are above 60 when mostly idle this is more likely the problem.
one that i down really know how to fix.