[SOLVED] Keep on getting blue scr.

HogCooter

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2012
I replaced the power supply with a 700w because some fans weren't firing right. Seemed to help but not I'm getting blue screen pretty regularly now. Win 10. Is it the hard drive? I think I'm running WD Blue 1T.

Solution
there are over 380 BSOD codes, I cannot even start to guess what cause might be

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Colif

Win 11 Master
there are over 380 BSOD codes, I cannot even start to guess what cause might be

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Reactions: HogCooter
Solution

HogCooter

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2012
So I've gone in and created it to do the small memory dump. It was set on kernel dump. Do I need to wait for it to shut down again to actually get the small memory dump? (Thank you for the help)