[SOLVED] Keep touchpad enabled 2-,3- and 4 finger gestures but not for actual mouse movements, possible?

demisor

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2012
Hello everyone,

With the giant touchpads nowadays, I often trigger an unwanted action by touching the touchpad when I hover my left hand over the keyboard while using my external mouse. Even with tap to click disabled, the touchpad always seems to find a way to make me want to disable it. However, i really do like the 2-, 3- and 4-finger gestures for alt tabbing, skipping a song, adjusting the volume, etc...

So I was wondering... is there a way to disable cursor movements with the touchpad, even though the touchpad is enabled?

Thanks in advance!

hang-the-9

Titan
No, if it's disabled, it's disabled. What you can do though is lower the sensitivity on it, that should be available in the mouse options. I think there is also a program that disables the touchpad when typing, TouchFreeze, but I have not tried it to know how well it works.

hang-the-9

Titan
No, if it's disabled, it's disabled. What you can do though is lower the sensitivity on it, that should be available in the mouse options. I think there is also a program that disables the touchpad when typing, TouchFreeze, but I have not tried it to know how well it works.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS