[SOLVED] Keep touchpad enabled 2-,3- and 4 finger gestures but not for actual mouse movements, possible?

demisor

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2012
Hello everyone,

With the giant touchpads nowadays, I often trigger an unwanted action by touching the touchpad when I hover my left hand over the keyboard while using my external mouse. Even with tap to click disabled, the touchpad always seems to find a way to make me want to disable it. However, i really do like the 2-, 3- and 4-finger gestures for alt tabbing, skipping a song, adjusting the volume, etc...

So I was wondering... is there a way to disable cursor movements with the touchpad, even though the touchpad is enabled?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
No, if it's disabled, it's disabled. What you can do though is lower the sensitivity on it, that should be available in the mouse options. I think there is also a program that disables the touchpad when typing, TouchFreeze, but I have not tried it to know how well it works.
No, if it's disabled, it's disabled. What you can do though is lower the sensitivity on it, that should be available in the mouse options. I think there is also a program that disables the touchpad when typing, TouchFreeze, but I have not tried it to know how well it works.

Solution