Keep Windows 7 Revert Files Longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

makromoo

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
I've upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I am aware of the "Go back to Windows 7" option and I see it is valid for a month after I upgraded.

I was wondering if and how, I could keep the option to go back to win 7, a little longer..

Solution
Best option to do is to make a backup image of the OS before upgrading. Either Macrium Reflect or Paragon are good for this. If you have sometime and a spare drive, clone your Windows 10 to it and on that drive restore to Windows 7 and make a backup of it from there. Or you could probably backup Windows 10, and if ever you want to return to 7, change the date so that the day you want to revert to 7 it will still work.

crinkdude

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
Best option to do is to make a backup image of the OS before upgrading. Either Macrium Reflect or Paragon are good for this. If you have sometime and a spare drive, clone your Windows 10 to it and on that drive restore to Windows 7 and make a backup of it from there. Or you could probably backup Windows 10, and if ever you want to return to 7, change the date so that the day you want to revert to 7 it will still work.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS