keeping or returning CML174?

zlcd

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2002
Anyone else who got that monitor give us your thoughts if you are keeping it or returning... Or if you have any dead subpixels are you going to exchange it?

thanks

zepkin

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2002
I just called and had a new one sent to me to replace my current monitor. It has four dead sub-pixels (two new ones in the last couple of days). Also, I have noticed that the frame around the front of the monitor is a bit "bruised" in the middle of each side of the frame, as if the monitor were mishandled when it was shipped. So, I am trying a new one. I hope it will be better, in terms of dead sub-pixels. The first one was tolerable with only two, but now with the addition of two more, it is a bit frusturating. Especially when I am reading all these other folks talking about how nice and dead-pixel free their displays are.

bobmitch

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2002
I have one with no dead pixels. I have it attached to an ATI All in Wonder 9700...and spent some time encoding old home movies to DVD. The screen is GREAT! It is a multimedia monitor. Great color...plays back DVD very cleanly. I have no qualms about keeping it.

Bob

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
BTW, guys, the number of dead pixels will not increase w/ time as long as u do not touch the screen the get the swirly effect.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti

Inzite

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2002
I love this screen, but I want to return it for a new one because it has a red sub pixel that is locked on which is extremely annoying. I don't think the warranty includes sub pixels if there are less than 5 dead ones...
So I don't know what to do... :(

bobmitch

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2002
If you're within the first 30 days of purchase...call your reseller and ask them to swap you a new one! There should be no reason to keep what bothers you. If after 30 days I don't think you have any recourse.

Bob

Nabru

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2002
Since you are situated in Sweden (like me) you've only got 14 days to change your mind, the law is called distansavtalslagen. With this law you don´t have to give a reason for returning the screen.