Keeping system time out of sync

Hello,

There's a requirement to keep one of the legacy applications working. For
some of the features it has to think it's year 1999 or smth. So, if a
workstation amends time, it works ok. However, since we're in a Win 2000
Server domain, with client PCs being Win XP Pro, the machines keep syncing
time with DCs. Every 15 mins or so... I realise this is the way things
should be. But are there ways to prevent at least one machine from changing
time? Taking it out of domain is out of question and resetting time to a
correct value at boot time is okay too. Just if it did not keep syncronizing
with DC during work day :)...

Any pointers or ideas?

Thanks!

Alex A

You have to take it out of the domain and disable the windows time service. The
windows time service is what syncs the clock, so stopping that prevents the time
change. You have to take it out of the domain because kerberos is going to
completely blow up on you for that machine. The time syncing isn't for fun.

joe

www.joeware.net

Alexander V. Alexeev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There's a requirement to keep one of the legacy applications working. For
> some of the features it has to think it's year 1999 or smth. So, if a
> workstation amends time, it works ok. However, since we're in a Win 2000
> Server domain, with client PCs being Win XP Pro, the machines keep syncing
> time with DCs. Every 15 mins or so... I realise this is the way things
> should be. But are there ways to prevent at least one machine from changing
> time? Taking it out of domain is out of question and resetting time to a
> correct value at boot time is okay too. Just if it did not keep syncronizing
> with DC during work day :)...
>
> Any pointers or ideas?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Alex A