Keeping the AMD FX-9590 cool. Corsair, Cooler Master or other?

riirichan

Reputable
Feb 27, 2015
I have the AMD FX-9590 and I need to decide which cooler to get. I was originally going to go for the Corsair H100i but I've read a fair few people have had leaks etc. I found the Cooler Master Nepton 240M after seeing what AMD would recommend (Cooler Master). I'm now torn on decisions and can't pick.
Space isn't really and issue as I have the Aero cool X-Predator full tower. My motherboard is ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z I'm also going to be purchasing the R9 290x, just so you guys can get a jist of my build.

I'd really appreciate opinions, If anyone has this CPU let me know what cooler you use!

Solution

I had the h100i, but it had pump issues so i returned it for the h105 hydro cooler.

H105 is...
I doubt many people here will have an FX-9590; the community is gamer-oriented and the FX-9590 isn't the gamer's choice of processor.

As someone who's used both AIOs on a 2500K, I would recommend the Nepton 240M. The fans and pump were much quieter than the H100i and cooling performance was pretty much the same.

i own a fx 8320, overclocked to 5ghz. its cooled by a h100. a h80i should be enough for your system, a h100i or h100i gtx will all do an outstanding job. I have no issues with the quality of corsair closed loop coolers. that said my next closed loop water cooler will be a Switech H220-X.

riirichan

Reputable
Feb 27, 2015

I want something that is more than enough to cool my cpu but preferably under £100.
It's my first build and I've been waiting 2 years, now I have the chance I don't want to mess up. I'm aware that the H100i is noisy in comparison to others but I'm still undecided.
Thank you for your input though, I'm reconsidering the H100i again!

I had the h100i, but it had pump issues so i returned it for the h105 hydro cooler.

H105 is awsome!!! No corsair link (so no software issues) and it's a lot thicker than the h100i, i got nearly 10C cooler on overclocking my 4690K.

Solution

yes, the h100 was so noisy i went out and bought new fans for it. it wasn't that the noise was "bad", it was just at a frequency that made me worried about permanent hearing damage. seriously, it drove me insane. replacing the stock corsair fans with scythe gentle typhoon ap-15s was worth every penny spent. So much so i suspect i'll be keeping these fans for later closed loop systems.

Make certain the closed loop cooler you use is on the high end, that suggestion of a h105 is a good one. I like corsair coolers because they have the best warranty on the market. if they leak corsair will replace everything damaged. you can't beat that warranty. still, as i said, there are better coolers out there. and as closed loop solutions go, they aren't quiet.

Good to know. I didn't know they will replace everything that the cooler damages! Awesome!

Defiantly not quiet like you said, however with my computer under my desk, I can't hear a thing.