Keeping Your E-Ego Intact: Your Xbox Gamerscore and Avatar Can be Ported to Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
Wow at this 'and that the One will require an additional installation fee for every new account for a game.'
Assuming I understand that correct the used game market for Xbox is dead? Since if you buy a used game you will have to pay for it then pay a fee to unlock it on your Xbox One. I think some other company tried something like this where you had to pay to unlock online multi player and it bite them in the butt. Seriously whats gotten into company's use to it was make a profit while giving great service... Now its just make a huge profit screw service. Who cares if we lose a customer there will be another uniformed sap to take there place.

CKKwan

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
Additional Installation fee for every new account for a game? Does that mean multiple players for the same game on the same machine also has to pay? Or every time I change a machine (presumably something like 3ROD happened) and I have to pay again!?!?

manicmike

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2012
Wait, so I pay $60 for a new game, and I want to keep my saves separate from my kids so we all have different accounts on my 360...
Now you're telling me that If I want my kids' stuff to be kept separate so they don't accidentally overwrite my saved games, I have to pay an additional fee?
FFS Microsoft, cut the nickel and dime bull$#!t. In less than 24 hours I've gone from excited as hell about the new xbox to deciding whether I want a PS4 or a GTX770....

Faygo01

Honorable
May 22, 2013
Microsoft has said that all player accounts on the one system the game is first registered on can play the game without paying a new fee. You only pay a new fee when you take the game over to a friends house and try to use it with there account. There is no fee though if you take it over to there house and play it with you account. This is still some what bullshit though.

jack1982

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
"Exciting"? Good grief. I learned absolutely nothing about the new Xbox yesterday that I didn't know two months ago, other then the name and what it looks like. I spent the better part of an hour listening to salesmen try to sell me something without giving me any reason at all to buy it.

Grandmastersexsay

Honorable
May 16, 2013
No one gives a crap about their Xbox gamerscores, and people care even less about avatars.

As for charging a fee for every new account used for a game disc, there goes the Xbox game rental market.

I have a feeling Microsoft wants to get out of the console business all together. I have been a loyal Xbox consumer since day one. I bought the first Xbox the first year it came out, and I have bought three Xbox 360s. One of those 360s was to replace a broken one. This will be it for me though. I won't tolerate this draconian gaming model any longer. A new PlayStation it is then.

xelliz

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009

Actually, a lot of people care about this. Trueachievements has about 200k members and thats just one site for xbox achievements.

Whilst we're making a much bigger bet on natural identity with the camera
I know its not just me, but being required to run a camera attached to a DVR device that has internet access to use my Xbox is complete BS. This alone is enough to send me to the PS4 camp.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
the One will require an additional installation fee for every new account for a game.
Whoa, wait a minute there. I haven't been following the xbox news too closely, but are they seriously saying that if you have different people using different accounts on the same system that they will have to pay more money to play the same games? That is crazy. So if you are a family with a few gamers, they will all either need to use the same username or pay for each user for each game. I must be misunderstanding because that would be fu*king retarded.

*edited to make comment family friendly.

xelliz

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009

If you have 5 people playing on 1 xbox, you're good. If you have multiple xboxes...SoL.

Status
Not open for further replies.