Question Keeps wanting to run apps in admin and standard keyboard inputs don't work

Sep 22, 2020
So this issue has just started to happen a few days ago. Essentially what happens my computer just changes everything on my keyboard and won't let me type. In addition, when I try and open applications it keeps asking to be launched in admin, when I try and restart my PC it goes to the blue screen ‘’Choose an option’’
Example of keys that I press and what opens:
Esc: Task Manger
Win: File Explorer

And when I disconnect my keyboard it's still doing running ''Shift'' key
I've tried a different keyboard and still had the issue. Also done a fresh system restore 2x now and it's still having the issue.

Ps: Had to use another computer to type this because it kept happening,

Also reinstalled all drivers

Edit: I have also tried ''Set up repair''. That came back with no results

Last edited:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm, odd behaviour like this you'd imagine wouldn't be because of normal OS or programs.

Instead of reset, do a fresh reinstall. Boot usb created by Microsoft Media Creation Tool and install Windows this way, wiping the drive.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2020
Hmm, odd behaviour like this you'd imagine wouldn't be because of normal OS or programs.

Instead of reset, do a fresh reinstall. Boot usb created by Microsoft Media Creation Tool and install Windows this way, wiping the drive.
Just done a clean install. Still having the same issue. Definitely a wired one

Sep 22, 2020
Keyboard: Corsair K55 also tried a Logitech K120

Not touch screen

Run CMD: ''Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations''

When I run in safe mode it's still the same issue. Sometimes I can't even type in my pin to log in.

My computer was on for 3 hours before the issue occurred today. Then it went away for like 30mins then came back again... :(