Kepler Drives Nvidia's Success, But Supply Constraints Remain

Status
Not open for further replies.

makaveli316

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
[citation][nom]spartanmk2[/nom]Still waiting for the 660's, Nvidia[/citation]

Me too. I'm about to make a new system and i'm only waiting for the 660 ti to come out.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
amd should up their marketing strategies. hire a better person to market all their stuff. it really isnt very amazing that amd makes great competitive GPUs but barely make any profit increase, while nvidia is always growing(75% increase?!).

azraa

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]amd should up their marketing strategies. hire a better person to market all their stuff. it really isnt very amazing that amd makes great competitive GPUs but barely make any profit increase, while nvidia is always growing(75% increase?!).[/citation]

They did replace the guy in charge of that office. There is an article here at Toms. Anyway, they still need massive ads campaigns and the uneducated masses to be informed.

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
[citation][nom]spartanmk2[/nom]Still waiting for the 660's, Nvidia[/citation]
If there's any indication given Nvidia's track history the past couple of years (particularly this one), you may have to be patient and have trigger alerts in place for when stock pops up.

The company said that it believes that "roughly 80 percent" of gamers have graphics cards that are below the recommended specifications of the wave of new games coming out in the second half of the year. As a result "Kepler is the perfect upgrade for the millions of PC gamers around the world,"
I cannot help but laugh at this quote. Is this based on those that play the latest games, those that are content with IGPU for web-surfing, and/or the consumer using their integrated HD3000 graphics to play Farmville? Amusing nonetheless, but I could take it more credibly if it wasn't coming from the PR department of the company trying to sell this kind of product (independent study/sources???). Of course I say this, yet I am looking to replace the old HD4870 now :) As to the games being that demanding that are being released the 2nd half of this year, perhaps he forgot that the PS3/Xbox 360 are still around. Once those are pushed aside (late next year?) , then we will probably see a good jump in hardware requirements for PC games.

tului

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
I went with AMD for this latest generation(NV 6xx & AMD 7xxx) due to the massive compute performance difference between the two. People are right, AMD should really step up it's marketing.

[citation][nom]rantoc[/nom]Shame that both Nvidia and Amd struggle to get their Gpu volumes up, it only hurts consumer supply and that mean prices in the end![/citation]
It's not necessarily their faults, since they both have their chips fabricated by TSMC, and TSMC had major issues with 28nm lithography.

[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]Did re-branded cards that magically got number starting with 6 also count as keplers?[/citation]
Probably not, since Kepler specifically refers to the GPU architechture.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
I still have noidea why they choose to ignore/delay the most profitable segment 650/660. Its pretty stupid, I need 7700/7800 competitor now.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]makaveli316[/nom]Me too. I'm about to make a new system and i'm only waiting for the 660 ti to come out.[/citation]
Day after tomorrow (16th), friend. ;)

madooo12

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
[citation][nom]deicided[/nom]Just Picked up my Gigabyte GTX670 OC edition today can't wait to get home and get it set up in my PC.[/citation]
so where are you writing this from if you're not at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.