[SOLVED] Kernel error 41 during low power usage ?

youiee

Honorable
Dec 29, 2016
I get kernel power 41 error when I'm doing anything that's NOT intensive i.e. playing games.

This started occurringing after swapping my older hardware into a new case. I then upgraded my motherboard, CPU and ram to which the error now occurs more often and up to 7 times within a span of 30 minutes (most I've seen so far).

Current specs :
5600x
B550 Tomahawk
XPG 3600mhz 2x8gb ram
Aorus rx580 8gb
PSU is unknown but it's 1500watt from around 2015~

If possible I'd like to solve this without pulling out the PSU as I can't see what brand it is without pulling it out.

Solution
Well - kernel power error is just because system has been restarted without shuting it down properly.
It is result of the issue, not cause of it.

Turn off automatic reboot after system failue. You should get BSOD with info about, what caused it.

disable-automatically-restart.png

Also - please post photo of label printed on PSU.
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

You may want to test your ram with memtest86.
Well - kernel power error is just because system has been restarted without shuting it down properly.

Turn off automatic reboot after system failue. You should get BSOD with info about, what caused it.

Solution

youiee

Honorable
Dec 29, 2016

I've already turned off automatic reboot as and when it crashes it doesn't give a BSOD, simply all powers down.

If possible I'd like to avoid taking out the power supply as the label is on the inner side and the only way to access it is to take it out.

This issue occured with my older DDR3 ram as well as the new set I just bought but I'll try the memtest when I can.

I've already turned off automatic reboot as and when it crashes it doesn't give a BSOD, simply all powers down.
If possible I'd like to avoid taking out the power supply as the label is on the inner side and the only way to access it is to take it out.
Does it power down or reboot?

If it powers down, then either someting is overheating or some PSU protection is kicking in and shutting everything off.
Or PSU has gone bad and it's shutting off randomly.

Monitor CPU and GPU temperatures with MSI afterburner to rule out overheating.
PSU would be the main suspect. Get access to PSU label.

youiee

Honorable
Dec 29, 2016
Does it power down or reboot?

If it powers down, then either someting is overheating or some PSU protection is kicking in and shutting everything off.
Or PSU has gone bad and it's shutting off randomly.

Monitor CPU and GPU temperatures with MSI afterburner to rule out overheating.
PSU would be the main suspect. Get access to PSU label.

It would power down and reboot until I turned the option off. Now it requires the PSU to be completely turned off and on again before it can be rebooted up.

TRENDING THREADS