[SOLVED] Kernal power 41 error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2021
have been having kernal 41 for a few weeks, finally replaced my psu and thermal paste on my gpu yesterday and was fine till 10 minutes ago where i crashed again

Solution
You removed a crappy PSU and installed a mediocre PSU.
Use DDU to remove and reinstall your GPU drivers.

I also told you that you should try a windows reinstallation in a spare drive.

After that, if they both fail, it's hardware related.
Jul 17, 2021
CPU: i5 10400F @2.90 GHZ
Motherboard: Gigabyte b460M GAMING HD
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz CL16 DDR4
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER MINI ITX OC 6GB Video Card
PSU: Gigabyte GP-P650B 650W 80+ Bronze Power Supply
PC Case: Thermaltake Versa H18 Window Micro Chassis

Jul 17, 2021
previous psu used was a Thermaltake Smart RGB 500W Power Supply i have updated to the latest windows update. im not to versed in anything to do with the bios. no i havent but i do not think i have any

previous psu used was a Thermaltake Smart RGB 500W Power Supply i have updated to the latest windows update. im not to versed in anything to do with the bios. no i havent but i do not think i have any
Both PSUs are mediocre at best. If the previous one failed, it might also damaged another component.
Describe the crash. What happens and when? Is it while gaming or at any moment? Does the PC shuts down, freezes, lags?
Download Malwarebytes and do a scan.
If you have a spare drive, use just that one in the system, removing all other drives and install windows there.

Jul 17, 2021
it always happens when im gaming in a gpu heavy game. my display shuts off and my fans rampup to 100% and im forced to restart the pc via a hardshutdown. will download malwarebytes and do a scan

Solution
Jul 17, 2021

what makes either of the psu's crappy and mediocre if i may ask. id like to know for future purchases

The platform they are based at, the quality of the components used, the protections they offer are some of the more important things.
You can always advise the tier list from which you should pick tier B and above for gaming rigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.