[SOLVED] Kernal Power 41 Task 63

tlavanway3

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2014
Hello i have recently started to have a problem with my Pc where it will randomly freeze and restart on its own with the following Error listed above, Addition information i gathered From Event Viewer is listed Below along with PC specs.

Specs
CPU: i7 7700k (not overclocked)
GPU GTX 1080ti Founders (not overclocked)
MOBO: Asrock Z270 Extreme4
RAM: 16gb XPG 2400 mhz ram 8x2 duel channel
PSU: 650 watt Corsair
SSD: 128gb Western digital Green
HDD: Two 1tb Western Digital
AIO: Cooler Master Master Liquid lite 240

Error code information

BugcheckCode278

BugcheckParameter10xffff9b8c6af80010

BugcheckParameter20x0

BugcheckParameter30x0

BugcheckParameter40x0

SleepInProgress0

PowerButtonTimestamp0

BootAppStatus0

Checkpoint41

ConnectedStandbyInProgressfalse

SystemSleepTransitionsToOn1

CsEntryScenarioInstanceId0

BugcheckInfoFromEFItrue

CheckpointStatus0

Everything in my PC is up to date right after i did a brand new windows 10 install.

Last edited:
Solution
where did you get old drivers from?

try running DDU and afterwards run windows update and see if the drivers that Microsoft have cause same errors.
I wouldn't trust the new nvidia drivers if you paid me. People with 10 series cards seem to be hardest hit
https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

who made card? Have you tried the drivers that came from maker? MIght be old now but should still work.

other choices are swap cards.. either put that one in another PC and see if it happens there, or put another card in your PC and see results. Either tell you if its hardware.

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
Bugcheck 278 = 0x116 = VIDEO_TDR_ERROR - "This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed."
Probably, update the video driver, downgrade the driver (if latest update doesn't work), or remove and reinstall the current driver. Update the firmware, downgrade the firmware (if latest update doesn't work). Ensure you're using the latest BIOS for your motherboard as well. If you're overclocking anything, stop doing so.

Do you have alternate video hardware you can try?

tlavanway3

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2014
i was getting that Error with the newest nvidia drivers, so i installled a older driver and i'm waiting to see if it happens again, the error tends to happen once a day. and no i dont have any other video cards i can try. the bios is also up to date

tlavanway3

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2014
Bugcheck 278 = 0x116 = VIDEO_TDR_ERROR - "This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed."
Probably, update the video driver, downgrade the driver (if latest update doesn't work), or remove and reinstall the current driver. Update the firmware, downgrade the firmware (if latest update doesn't work). Ensure you're using the latest BIOS for your motherboard as well. If you're overclocking anything, stop doing so.

Do you have alternate video hardware you can try?
IT happened again today with the older video drivers so i have no idea whats going on.

Colif

Win 11 Master

try running DDU and afterwards run windows update and see if the drivers that Microsoft have cause same errors.
I wouldn't trust the new nvidia drivers if you paid me. People with 10 series cards seem to be hardest hit
https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

who made card? Have you tried the drivers that came from maker? MIght be old now but should still work.

other choices are swap cards.. either put that one in another PC and see if it happens there, or put another card in your PC and see results. Either tell you if its hardware.

Solution

tlavanway3

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2014

i once again did a full windows reinstall and reinstalled all the newest drivers, just to see if it was a bad install.