Kernal Power Error 41 - Trouble Shooting Stuck

keep_six_

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
Hi All,

I am having trouble tracing down a Kernal Power 41 issue. Computer typically stops displaying, hard freezes with caps lock unresponsive, and requires being powered of or on occasion restarts on its own. Crashes occasionally are preceded by repeating, continuing or buzzing audio.

It has been ongoing since I built this computer around October. Usually happens during gaming or GPU intensive tasks such as running Furmark. Prior to replacing 290 with 1070, it would crash in 10 hr increments, then 2 hr, then down to 5 minutes if i repeatedly would restart. If I power off for multiple hours, crashes become less frequent. Gaming would increase this to first crash at about 20 minutes in on a cold boot, and Furmark would consistently crash the computer within 5 minutes. Temperatures for GPU never above 60-75 C, CPU below 65 C.

Specs as follows:

MOBO: Asrock ab350m pro4
CPU: Ryzen R5 1600x running at stock clock
Cooler: Darkrock bk009 Cooler
SSD: Crucial m300 240gb with OS WIN 10 on it
HDD: WD Blue 1tb
RAM: Teamtforce nighthawk 2 x 8gb 3200 mhz, clocked at 2133 during previous crashes, now running at 2667
GPU: MSI 1070 armor (previously Sapphire r9 290 trix ) stock clocks
PSU: EVGA b1 700w (previously Antec tp 650w)

So far I have done these steps for trouble shooting.

1) Ran chkdsk
2) Memtest86+ with 7 passes
3) Swapped Antec TP650W with EVGA B1 700W
4) Swapped Saphire Trix R9 290 with MSI Armor GTX 1070 (Drastically reduced frequency of crashes)
5) Reset CMOS
6) Updated motherboard and R9 290 Bios
7) Reinstalled Windows
8) Checked temps
9) Tried another power outlet in house, now testing swapping to another outlet and powerbar in case that was on same circuit

I am unsure of where to go from here as I have done all the commonly recommended troubleshooting steps.

Thanks in advance,

keep_six_

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018

Yes running XMP profile, I've checked stock timings matched up as per manufacturers website, 1.35v and 16-18-18-38 and currently at 2667 mhz, previously 2133.

Running prime 95 blend doesn't seem to make crashes more frequent, which is why hadn't looked into RAM so much but it could be the case.

Thanks

Look over this page on "Kernel Power 41 Critical Error". Just ignore the Driver Easy software add.

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/solved-kernel-power-41-critical-error-on-windows-10/

keep_six_

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
[/quotemsg]
Look over this page on "Kernel Power 41 Critical Error". Just ignore the Driver Easy software add.

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/solved-kernel-power-41-critical-error-on-windows-10/
[/quotemsg]

Thanks but I've already tried these steps, if probably spend upwards for 20-30 hours troubleshooting this issue between sites like this aswell as reading forums, reddit etc for people with similar problems.

Thanks but I've already tried these steps, if probably spend upwards for 20-30 hours troubleshooting this issue between sites like this aswell as reading forums, reddit etc for people with similar problems.

[/quotemsg]

Have you contacted ASRock Technical Support directly about this problem? They will support their product.

https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

keep_six_

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018

Have you contacted ASRock Technical Support directly about this problem? They will support their product.

https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp
[/quotemsg]

I contacted them about a month and a half ago and didn't hear back from then. I'm not sure if its their product either, but its one of the last things to rule out

I contacted them about a month and a half ago and didn't hear back from then. I'm not sure if its their product either, but its one of the last things to rule out
[/quotemsg]

Did you fill out the Support Request Form properly? Some fields are required to be filled out or they may ignore the request for help.

keep_six_

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018

Did you fill out the Support Request Form properly? Some fields are required to be filled out or they may ignore the request for help.
[/quotemsg]

I do believe so, but I've gone ahead and contacted them a second time just now.

On second thought, I just went back over my emails and confirmed they did not respond when I contacted them on October 21st, but it was for another issue I was having with this motherboard where volume control would not function when audio drivers were installed. This was fixed in a subsequent release of drivers on there site.