Question Kernel 41 Error - Brand new PC - Pre-built.

Tobaaymalonaay

Honorable
Jun 30, 2015
Kernel 41 Error - Brand new PC - Pre-built.

So my friend recently bought a pre-built PC from amazon - from Fierce PC.
We got it all set up and going - installed a few games then he started running into a fault where his PC would restart when launching certain games.

Sea of thieves and Forza horizon 4 run fine with no issue, but when he tries to launch rust or gears 5 for example, his PC will instantly restart.
After checking event viewer it is apparent that he is getting the kernel 41 power error.

Specs
R5 5600x
MSI RTX 3070
ASUS PRIME A520M-K mobo
1TB HDD
256GB WD green SSD
Game max 750w PSU.

I have built multiple gaming PCs in my time but have never experienced this error, and due to COVID I cannot go round to sort it for him, only over the phone diagnosis.

He has ordered a new PSU coming tomorrow, a corsair RM850, as i thought the PSU could be at fault, being a cheap one.
I know the PC is only a few days old but he doesn't really want to have to send it back and is willing to upgrade the PSU if that'll fix it.

I have walked him through all of the online fixes for the error, e.g. all of the power managment settings, MEMcheck and all drivers seem to be up to date.

any help would be appreciated, thanks.
-Toby.

Jan 13, 2021
I have the same issue, mine
E5 2673v3 12 core
HUAZHANI X99 TF
GTX 1070
32GB DDR4
I have VS 600W corsair and change it to CX 650W...but it still happens, only restart when I gamming.. All the temperature is fine because I do have monitor by app (a lots of apps like MSI after burner, HWINFO..)
So.. if I can replace the VGA it will great but of course I can't.
Any advised please