Prominent
May 31, 2018
Specs:
Ryzen 3 1200
Zotac GTX 1060 3gb Mini
MSI B350M Gaming Pro
2x4gb 2400MHZ
EVGA 430w 80 plus

I got this PC 1 year ago, with no problems from then until now.

Basically, I was playing and suddenly my PC turns off. Turn It on again, go black to the game. Then that problem started to happen more frequently. I had 10 of these, without any advice or any signal. I saw at the event viewer, a lot of these Kernel Power 41 critical error. When the PC is not with some stress, this don't happen. I tested with IntelBurnTest + FurMark, 20 minutes passed, and then the same thing happened. Only IntelBurn, nothing happened, with Furmark, It happened.
2 of these "blackouts" didn't let me start the PC, and the EZ Debug Mode Led, the VGA one, at my MOBO was on. After a while, It started again.

What could It be?
  • Updated all drivers;
  • Cleaned dust;
  • Ran some memtest, no errors;
  • (on stress) Temperature of all parts are less than 60ºC, except the GPU one, that have a maximum temp. of 82ºC, that's pretty normal for a mini. At idle, nothing past 50ºC.
  • Checked the mobo voltages at HWMonitor, none fluctuating. - For some reason, the stock Ryzen voltages seens to be higher than normal.

What should I do?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Kernel Power 41 Critical Error is just the error you get when the PC suddenly shuts down, reboots or is hard reset. It is not actually an indicator to a problem per se, it is just an error that appears whenever the pc loses power unexpectedly. Simply pressing the reset button would give the same error.

The fact that it only occured on Furmark but not on IntelBurnTest would point me towards one of two components:
  • PSU
  • GPU
Furmark will be testing your GPU under stress, IntelBurn is only the CPU. Equally if the PSU is not delivering appropriate power to the GPU, this power issue can also occur.

I would try swapping out GPU and seeing if the issue reoccurs under stress testing, if so, then PSU.
I would also reset your CMOS just to reset BIOS to default to eliminate any setting changes.
Are you running any OC?

pdrgamer2000

Prominent
May 31, 2018
Kernel Power 41 Critical Error is just the error you get when the PC suddenly shuts down, reboots or is hard reset. It is not actually an indicator to a problem per se, it is just an error that appears whenever the pc loses power unexpectedly. Simply pressing the reset button would give the same error.

The fact that it only occured on Furmark but not on IntelBurnTest would point me towards one of two components:
  • PSU
  • GPU
Furmark will be testing your GPU under stress, IntelBurn is only the CPU. Equally if the PSU is not delivering appropriate power to the GPU, this power issue can also occur.

I would try swapping out GPU and seeing if the issue reoccurs under stress testing, if so, then PSU.
I would also reset your CMOS just to reset BIOS to default to eliminate any setting changes.
Are you running any OC?

Got It.
I was running some OC at CPU, but I turned It off before the stress tests...
I'll try to borrow my friend's PC for testing both of these.
Thanks!

Reactions: PC Tailor