[SOLVED] Kernel 41 on a completely new build. HELP NEEDED

Jul 27, 2021
Hello, i got in a little pickle here.
I've built a new PC from the ground up, but for some reason in some games the PC just straight up freezes( for 2-5 seconds) and then restarts, no blue screen, nothing, restarts and then it acts like nothing even happend. Temperature of CPU and GPU was always around 70-80 C when this occurred. Air flow in the midTower is provided by 2 fans, one in the front pulling the air in, and one on the back pushing the air out of the tower. The CPU is cooled by the fan that is provided by the AMD in the package with the CPU.

I already tried to fiddle around some solutions, but to no good outcome. Please, tell me how to make this machine work properly.

Anyway here are the SPECS:

MotherBoard: ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS - AMD B550

PSU: Seasonic Focus (GX-550) - 550W

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

RAM: HyperX Fury black 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600 CL18

AMD Radeon Red Dragon RX 580 Series

Memoy: Kingston Now A400, 2,5" -480GB, 960 GB
Seagate BarraCuda, 3,5" - 2TB
ADATA XPG SX6000 PRO, M.2 - 256GB
System: Windows 10 Pro

Jul 27, 2021
Now I tried to set the power plan to High Performance, still, it crashed midgame like 15 minutes ago. CPU is running on 3.95GHz?! Whoa didn't even notice that, I have not adjusted anything there myself, that's rather strange. I will try to change the speed of CPU to 3.6GHz

Now I tried to set the power plan to High Performance, still, it crashed midgame like 15 minutes ago. CPU is running on 3.95GHz?! Whoa didn't even notice that, I have not adjusted anything there myself, that's rather strange. I will try to change the speed of CPU to 3.6GHz
I would put it on balanced. Also, go to settings-system-power and sleep-additional power settings-change plan settings-change advanced power settings. another little window will pop up, click on processer power management then set the minimum processer state to 5% and max to 100%. (sorry if you know how to do all that,just explaining it if you didnt.)

Reactions: SavWithScarf
Jul 27, 2021
I would put it on balanced. Also, go to settings-system-power and sleep-additional power settings-change plan settings-change advanced power settings. another little window will pop up, click on processer power management then set the minimum processer state to 5% and max to 100%. (sorry if you know how to do all that,just explaining it if you didnt.)
Alright DONE and done, set the speed to 3.6GHz and did what you told me to with the min/max processor power management, and do not worry :D I didn't know that how to get there OR how to set that, I was only working with the Hard drive switching off there, setting it to 0

Reactions: kurdtnz
What pc case are you using? It maybe a air flow issue causing your cpu to overheat and power off? The ryzen wraith coolers are not brilliant but should be good enough to stop overheating while gaming. I would look into getting a better cooler in the future though. Did the wraith cooler have pre-applied thermal paste on when you installed it?

Reactions: SavWithScarf
Jul 27, 2021
What pc case are you using? It maybe a air flow issue causing your cpu to overheat and power off? The ryzen wraith coolers are not brilliant but should be good enough to stop overheating while gaming. I would look into getting a better cooler in the future though. Did the wraith cooler have pre-applied thermal paste on when you installed it?
The case is this: 1stCool JAZZ 2, USB 3.0, blue fan, transparent side

https://www.1stcool.eu/index.php/en/sortiment/computer-case/jazz-series

Well, after the latest tweaks, it still does it, just tried it and it froze and shut down again...

Reactions: kurdtnz