Kernel 41 Repetitive Automatic Shutdowns

n_v14404

Reputable
Nov 10, 2014
Dear TH Community,

I am experiencing a serious problem with my PC. It seems to be shutting down every almost 10 minutes to about an hour automatically. My system build is here:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9kPcXL

So what happens is, when I am using my computer, first it turns off completely. It shows no sign of shutting down, just like power being cut off. Next, I get the usual boot process, but before it completely boots, I get this message with a blue screen:

your-pc-needs-to-be-repaired-1.jpg

except the error code is 0x0000185

So I restart my PC again, and then it no longer shows me this message, UNTIL the next time I get a kernel 41 error and my PC shuts off again.

I read that exchanging the RAM or PSU might help, but honestly I am only a high schooler who saved up some money to make this build and dont have the money to buy that kind of stuff. If anyone had a solution besides replacing hardware, or someone has experience, please help me out!

Thanks!

n_v14404

Reputable
Nov 10, 2014

AgPaul,

Recently I stopped getting the recovery message, but I still keep getting repetitive auto shut down errors on my event log.
I checked everytime my PC shut down to see what was overheating, and my GPU was really hot and I also saw its fans weren't moving, so I used Afterburner to bring them to 60%. I waited a couple of days and it seemed to stop, but just today it started shutting down again.

Could this be a problem with my PSU?
I can also upload my setup pics if that can help (cable setups)

AgPaul

Honorable
Jan 23, 2015

thats what I would check next. I know you said you don't have much money but what you could do is [save up and] buy one and test it. if it still is shutting off just return it, and if it fixes it keep it.

n_v14404

Reputable
Nov 10, 2014

Will do. Thanks for your help!