KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR spaceport.sys

sammy5358

Reputable
Jun 5, 2015
Hello:
I get a BSOD with this error. I have read other threads related but was hoping you experts could
take this one on directly.
Anyone interested ?
Thanks
Sammy

spaceport.sys is a storage space driver, a inpage error means the driver requested access but the storage did not respond.

this could be caused by corrupted memory for the driver, or something prevented the driver from responding. Check the drives power, data cables. maybe put the data cables on a different SATA port or on a different controller. (many systems have two sata controllers)

if your system will boot, run a malwarebytes scan/virus scan.
if your drive is old, try running crystaldiskinfo.exe to read the smart error data from the drive.
if you suspect the drive is failing you might run a test utility like seatools. http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/item/seatools-win-master/

to check your windows files for corruption run cmd.exe as an admin, then run
sfc.exe /scannow

if you have windows 8.x
you then run
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

windows 8.x will also attempt to make low level repairs of certain types of errors, but you have to leave the system idle for hours to allow the repairs. (turn off sleep and leave the system overnight)

sammy5358

Reputable
Jun 5, 2015
Thanks very much johnbl !
I've been through the software/commands on your list now and am still getting the crash.

I will now try opening it up and try your idea of putting the data cables on a different SATA port or on a different controller if you could possibly illustrate this for me. This is the first 'all in one' I've owned so opening it up will be interesting (DELL XPS 27" touchscreen).

If this doesn't work, I will replace the hard drive. To prepare for this, I want to clone my Windows 8.1 drive (the OS was already installed when it came so I have no disks). I'm thinking of hooking up my hard disk plug in dock and putting the new one in there, and using clone software to copy it all. 2 questions.......any software of choice here.....and is it possible I will be copying the error over (even though it's replacing the hardware) ?

Thanks for all your time responding to this !

Sammy