Kernel Power 41 (63) Problem

diegoneedhelp

Reputable
Jul 24, 2015
Hi,

I am really stressed out with this ******* problem! Anytime i play any game that is very intense (Rainbow Six Siege, Witcher 3, Battlefield 4, Grand Theft Auto 5) my pc reboots without warning? My PC LED never turn off tho, and the fans never stop spinning, its like a OS crash? I really dont know what to do! I go to event viewer and it says Kernel Power 41 (63)! I Tested my ram, i know for a fact my gpu is not the problem (changed the gpu 3 times), my temps are not the problem! I dont remember this problem occurring back when i used windows in my hdd instead of my ssd, but again i didn't play any intensive game back then (games like fallout 4, mirrors edge, just cause 2, garrys mod, snow, etc) My power supply is good. Do i have to reinstall windows in my ssd again and hope it fixes it? I really dont care about re installing windows back into my ssd cuz no games are in my ssd (only witcher, but i can easily move it back to the hdd). This IS rlly making me mad mainly because even when im skyping with friends and play counter strike, my pc just randomly restarts! Please help me!

Edit: Forgot to say, i have a OS installed in my hdd aswell. So i have 2 windows in my pc. Of course only one is working the other one, in theory i can boot there but i never do

Solution
What are your full system specs, especially your PSU?

Kernel Power 41 generally means power failure. If youve tested your RAM, and its only happens when you play heavy games that make your GPU draw a lot of power, chances are your PSU isn't keeping up.

Very likely the answer is, time for a new better power supply.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
What are your full system specs, especially your PSU?

Kernel Power 41 generally means power failure. If youve tested your RAM, and its only happens when you play heavy games that make your GPU draw a lot of power, chances are your PSU isn't keeping up.

Very likely the answer is, time for a new better power supply.

Solution

diegoneedhelp

Reputable
Jul 24, 2015

Hi,

I have a EVGA 750w Bronze Certified psu.

Specs:

AMD FX 6300
R9 380
Hyper 212 evo
MSI 970a-g43
Sandisk SSD PLUS
Hitachi 1 tb
WD BLUE Caviar 500 gb
4 extra fans

diegoneedhelp

Reputable
Jul 24, 2015

Hi,

Its the B1 im pretty sure. Its Refurbished and i bought it around, december?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

OK probably the NEX 750B. Unfortunately those aren't as good as the B2/G2/T2 line. Also its refurbished.

That issue 99% of the time is caused by the power supply. However to eliminate any other possible power issues try plugging your PC into a completely different wall outlet, just to make sure the outlet you are using is not bad.

If it still does it your PSU is defective and needs to be replaced. Don't buy another NEX 750B. Get yourself an EVGA 750 B2. Or your PC can even go a bit less power, an XFX TS 650 should be fine, or Seasonic SII 620.

diegoneedhelp

Reputable
Jul 24, 2015

Hi,

I have a friend who can lend me his antec 550w power supply? Its like neo something? Should i use that? (for right now cuz i dont have any money left over) (also i have tried plugging into different power outlet)

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

The Antec Neo 550 is a great PSU, that would be perfect for your PC, and being that borrowing it is free will show you definitively that the PSU is the cure without spending any money. Definitely use it.

diegoneedhelp

Reputable
Jul 24, 2015

Hi,

Thank you so much for your help dude! I really didn't think that a PSU is that important, but now i know it is! Whenever i have money i will def go for a XFX PSU cuz i have heard they are pretty good! Thank you again, cheers!

~Diego