Question Kernel power 41 63

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2023
Hello, I'm having a few issues with my PC, here's my configuration.

CPU : Ryzen 5 5900x ( cooled by Corsair H100I Capellix)
GPU : RTX 3070 gigabyte (Recently upgraded from 2060)
RAM : 32 gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200mhz
Motherboard : Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2
PSU : Corsair CX750F RGB (with some extension cables for the GPU, connected to the original cables)

So the issues (kernel power 41-63) happen really randomely, when I do work, play games, it can really happen anytime. My temps are really good, I have a ton of fans ( 6 ) .
Yesterday, I got the kernel power issue : My pc shut off completly. I tried powering back up, and it was bootlooping, so I tried changing the ram to another slot. It worked for a bit, and then crashed again. Then I tried some of my old 16GB Ram, It booted succesfully, without any issues. That's why I'm thinking it may come from the ram, or the PSU.

Any help ?

Running windows 10 by the way.

Jan 4, 2023
It became really bad at one point, crashing everytime,..

I may of fixed the issue, it's been running fine for a few days.

• removed any extensions cables to the GPU
• dusted off the PC
•updated the bios

Corsair CX750F

This quite simply put, is not a suitable PSU for your system. You need a stronger quality PSU like an RMx 750.

Kernal power 41 means your system was interrupted by a power out (not necessarily form your house), this is prob due to your current PSU not being sufficient for you CPU/GPU combo.
I hope you are not OC anything. If so, take it off. The PSU is very likely the culprit here.

Status
Not open for further replies.