Question Kernel-Power 41 after installing M.2 SSD.

Jan 12, 2020
Hey there! I'm new here, but ran into this problem that I just can't seem to fix...

I recently installed a M.2 Kingston SSD on my Desktop. After the installation my computer will now randomly restart due to Kernel-Power 41 error, no BSOD or anything else than this being logged. (Still happens after removing the M.2 from the build)
Everything worked before the installation, but could it be that the PSU is now somehow damaged or anything similar?
My current PSU is a 650W and is 5+ years old.

My build consists of a SSD (not the M.2), HDD, 16gb DDR4 RAM, 1070 GPU, Ryzen 5 3600X, and 3 screens. Calculating the recommended PSU for this (pre-M.2), ends up at 720~, but it hasn't been a problem until after I tried installing the M.2, which leaves me wondering if something else could be the cause?

Thanks in advance

Jan 12, 2020
I will perform a memtest asap - The PSU is a XFX PRO650W.

Edit: Memtest running as of this edit. I ran OCCT for 3 mins maxing out my CPU and using 8GB of RAM, and it ran without any issues. I will edit again when the memtest is done.

Edit 2: Did a full memtest, there was no errors found.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2020
So I installed a brand new cpu, corsair 850W, and the computer was running fine for 10+ hours. Then suddenly out of nowhere I get the error again.. I'm totally lost as to what the problem is here..
The M.2 was left outside in the rain for some hours (thanks to the delivery guy), but it is running fine, the Kingston SSD manager application says that it has reported no errors, and is healthy, so I don't see this as being the problem, I guess.