Question Kernel Power 41 BSOD. Frequent occurrence.

Sep 21, 2020
I have had this problem for some time now, off and on for probably the past year, however it's started to occur more within the past couple months, and it's finally starting to bother me, so I want to get it fixed.

Basically what happens is my computer will BSOD and go straight to the BIOS, and have I to hit the power button on the side of my computer to restart windows, and get out of the BIOS. It doesn't matter if I'm playing games or browsing the internet.

In the Event Viewer I get Kernel-Power 41 (63) critical alongside Kernel-Boot 29 Error.

I have replaced my RAM, since my RAM was about 5 years old, and I thought it might be the issue, and I needed to upgrade it anyways, and the issue persisted. Went from 8GB to 16GB ddr3 1600mhz.

I reset my BIOS to default settings. BIOS has never been flashed and is version 1205.

I did a fresh reinstall of Windows within the past week, and the issue persists, so I don't think it's Windows related. Windows is installed on a 256GB Crucial SSD. I had also done the power saving options within Windows prior as well because I heard that resolved the issue for some people, like turning off Fast Boot.

My temperatures look fine in HW monitor. CPU fluctuates between 35 to 50 Celsius, idle to playing games. GPU same deal. Mainboard sits in the 30s Celsius.

PSU Voltages on the 5v, 3.3v, and 12v Rails look fine.
5.160 V
3.360 V
12.192 V

CPU info
Mainboard: Asus Z97-A.
CPU: Intel i5 4690k
GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 (MSI)
PSU: Rosewill Capstone 650w Gold
Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB
Keyboard: Razer Naga Deathstalker

Mainboard, PSU, CPU, and GPU are all 5ish years old.