Question Kernel-Power 41 Error. Computer freezing and crashing, no blue-screen.

Nov 30, 2020
I built a computer for my grandparents a few months back and it has started freezing and crashing without warning at seemingly random times. Lately, I notice this more when starting a program or doing a task like running a virus scan.
At first, the computer would freeze, then turn off and restart shortly after with no warning. Lately, it has just been freezing and I have to manually hard-reboot it by holding the power button.

Issues I have ruled out:
I have scanned for malware and viruses.
I tested a different power supply, so it's not a PSU error.
I've replaced and re-slotted the ram as well as tried different slots.
I have transferred and reinstalled Windows to a different drive, completely disconnecting other drives leaving only the clean installation.
I have performed many hardware checks through windows including chkdsk as well as others.
I may be missing something, but I believe this is all I have tried

Here is the build:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/B3bXb8

This computer is used only for browsing the web, watching YouTube videos, and checking email. Very light usage and it is always turned off after use. Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Nov 30, 2020
Breadboard minimum build and start a process of elimination?

BIOS update?

Checked all connectors and such?

Try different RAM. G Skill is typically very good with Ryzen, but...

I have stripped the computer out on a table and tested it. All it has is one stick of ram, cpu, cpu cooler, psu, and ssd. I'm not sure how much simpler I could make it. BIOS update did nothing. I have checked the connectors. I've already tried different ram.

Reactions: punkncat