[SOLVED] Kernel Power 41 is Plaguing Me (Bugcheck 0)

May 29, 2020
Howdy all you cool folks.

I'm going to be frank, I'm desperate to get some serious help regarding consistent PC reboots accompanied by Kernel 51 Power errors. This is a problem that has plagued my desktop PC for quite a while, ever since I bought it actually. I can be doing any number of things (though there are a few repeat offenders I'll talk about later) and my PC will randomly reboot. No BSOD (and they're turned on). The event viewer spews out the Kernel 51 Critical Power Error, and I'm left to start my PC up again.

My rig is pretty nice, I've got;
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 power supply (not the original)
AMD Ryzen 5 1600X 3.6GHz (Hexa Core) Processor
GTX 1060 6GB Video Card
MSI A320M Pro-VD Plus Motherboard
8GB ram (2x4gb)

I can create the error on purpose two ways. One, I can stream a game for several hours before a random crash. Two, if I attempt to render a video using adobe media encoder (even a short/simple one in after effects). Three, simply using a graphics program (Photoshop, Paint.net, anything but MS Paint really) for too long or too strenuously. Any other time it seems random. Always a Bugcheck 0 too, with most of the info codes as '0' in Event Viewer.

I think I've ruled out a bad PSU as the problem. The wattage provided by both my old PSU and the new one (as above) are similar and should provide more than enough power to the system. Replacing my PSU didn't fix the problem in any way, and both supplies fall victim to the same error. I'm also certain it's not my video card or any overheating problem. I've run intensive tests with Prime95 (24hrs), FurMark(10hrs), and graphics intensive games all running at max settings. No hard disk errors and memory tests through windows' tools pass with zero errors. (Have not run memtest86, I'm a dumb baby who's gonna need some time to get a USB drive and figure out how to use it properly.

I'm at a total loss and I need some assistance. I'm hoping I don't have to gamble with the local repair shops and possibly lose 400+ dollars on bad repairs. Spoke with the company (Ironside) about the problem but their solution was simply to format the hard drive. Hoping to avoid that if I can, I don't think a faulty install is to blame either. Gonna check my wiring again, but as I stated before; I've had this error since the day I received my PC.

Embarrassed I have to ask, but can y'all help me? Happy to provide additional info where appropriate.

Solution
As I stated, I did follow up with the vendor early on about the issue. Their solution would be for me to mail in the system for a hard drive reformatting. I did not want to send it in (paying for shipping and all) for what any Best Buy in my area was willing to do. I was assured by my colleague who builds PCs that the issue was the power supply, and I replaced that at the time. I suppose I'll do another follow-up with them (the vendor, not my colleague). If I get the same answer I'll likely refuse again, though at this point I guess I'll need to pony up the money for an external drive to slap my files on and mail it in.

No need to mail it in. Buy a second drive, which is a good idea anyway for backups. You should have your...
Since the issue has been happening since you got the system and it looks to be a vendor built one, start with their support, no need to pay for parts to swap around if the system was pre-built by them. The power error is most often from power supply or video card, maybe can be from motherboard. Hopefully system is still in warranty, this should have been followed up with the vendor when the issue started.

May 29, 2020
Since the issue has been happening since you got the system and it looks to be a vendor built one, start with their support, no need to pay for parts to swap around if the system was pre-built by them. The power error is most often from power supply or video card, maybe can be from motherboard. Hopefully system is still in warranty, this should have been followed up with the vendor when the issue started.

As I stated, I did follow up with the vendor early on about the issue. Their solution would be for me to mail in the system for a hard drive reformatting. I did not want to send it in (paying for shipping and all) for what any Best Buy in my area was willing to do. I was assured by my colleague who builds PCs that the issue was the power supply, and I replaced that at the time. I suppose I'll do another follow-up with them (the vendor, not my colleague). If I get the same answer I'll likely refuse again, though at this point I guess I'll need to pony up the money for an external drive to slap my files on and mail it in.

No need to mail it in. Buy a second drive, which is a good idea anyway for backups. You should have your files already backed up. Remove the existing drive/drives, install Windows clean. If same thing happens, tell support you tried a clean setup already.

Solution