Question Kernel Power 41

Feb 11, 2020
Hey, I am currently having an issue where im gaming my computer randomly shuts down and throws a kernel power 41 error while gaming. I have stresstested my components such as my gpu on furmark and benchmarks don't crash and come out perfectly, this issue started happening a couple of days ago but my psu is not old at all, less than one month old I'm not too sure if it could be a driver issue or my psu or other components are failing.

Can someone please help me out? I'm kinda scared to find out my gpu is broken or something, appreciate the responses :)

Specs:
Ryzen 7 3700x
B450-PRO VDH MAX
16GB 3600MHZ GSKILL TRIDENT Z RAM
ZOTAC RTX 2080 AMP
700BR EVGA PSU

Have you tried changing your power settings in windows?
Have you tried another outlet/surge protector?
Have you reinstalled/repaired your audio drivers? I have seen a lot of forums talking about Kernel 41 is being caused by a bad audio driver.

bignastyid

Titan
Try stressing the cpu and gpu at the same time. It would be a good idea to monitor cpu and gpu temps whist doing this aswell.

Kernel power 41 is the error that windows throws when the system shuts down unexpectedly. The 2 most common causes are a failing or undersized psu or a thermal shutdown, but it can be caused by other issues usually related to bad hardware. Most driver issues will cause a BSOD not an unexpected shutdown.

Feb 11, 2020
Try stressing the cpu and gpu at the same time. It would be a good idea to monitor cpu and gpu temps whist doing this aswell.

Kernel power 41 is the error that windows throws when the system shuts down unexpectedly. The 2 most common causes are a failing or undersized psu or a thermal shutdown, but it can be caused by other issues usually related to bad hardware. Most driver issues will cause a BSOD not an unexpected shutdown.
I did and my temps were okay 80c for the cpu and 65c for the gpu, that's also when it crashed when I had a game open and was stressing the cpu and gpu at the same time with furmark and cpu burner.

Feb 11, 2020
Have you tried changing your power settings in windows?
Have you tried another outlet/surge protector?
Have you reinstalled/repaired your audio drivers? I have seen a lot of forums talking about Kernel 41 is being caused by a bad audio driver.
I haven't changed my power settings. I actually haven't tried another outlet since im using a big square with like 6 ports in it. I also haven't tried my audio drivers but I will try.

Feb 11, 2020

Also wanted to add that I used to have a cx750m from corsair and the same issue happened (Kernel Power 41) but in only one game and then I bought this psu and the problem went away but now it's happening again