[SOLVED] Kernel power BSOD Bugcheckcode 292

mogv

Reputable
Nov 6, 2019
Hi everyone, ive recently bought some new parts, i9-9900k, 5700 xt, z390f motherboard. I've had kernel power errors recently and im so done with it, i had it on my old computer and its so damn annoying. What ive done is

• reinstalled windows

• drivers

• reseated graphics card, checked cords

• temps are good

• stress tested without any issues (only for 15 minutes)

• Updated bios, aswell as resetting, i had xmp on

• some small adjustments i found on youtube ( video )

Ive googled a lot and tried a lot, and that may have caused more problems. Because today when i started i got a bsod which was whea undetectable error. That may have been caused cuz i restarted the pc while it was loading in for some reason, i was kinda stupid (not sure if it caused the bsod because the data may have been Removed) but im in the computer right now and its working well outside of all this. I would love to get any form of help, i have dump files for anyone who is experienced with it.

DMP : https://mega.nz/#F!qwhmEajZ!e-pf99mqpygtViNc2__XeQ

Memory dmp : trying to share it but it says it need special requirements or whatever, if somebody knows how i could upload it let me know.

If there is anything else you need just let me know and i will answer as fast as i can, i really appreciate all the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
My PSU is a EVGA 650 gq
Not a bad power supply, how long have you had it?

Im only running xmp @ 3200Mhz
It may be worth disabling this until you confirm the issue has gone away. Sometimes some XMP profiles can cause issues.

So driver booster isnt the issue. I might aswell redownload windows to get rid of those driver booster drivers, right.
If you had it before this, then no, probably not the issue, but I'd avoid any driver updaters going forward as they have a notorious habit of installing incorrect or unnecessary drivers and cause more harm.

I do have Intel XTU but ive not made any changes, all are on defualt, should i still remove it?
If you're not using it at all, just remove it anyway, as no harm...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

I have run the dump file(s) and you can see the full report(s) here:
Dump 1: https://pste.eu/p/kjWb.html (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR)
Dump 2: https://pste.eu/p/yYaU.html (VIDEO_TDR_ERROR) THIRD PARTY MODULE FOUND

Summary of findings:
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
"A WHEA ERROR is almost solely hardware based. It is possible in rare circumstances for this to be a driver, however it is very unlikely. It is often caused by:
  • Component overheating
  • Unstable overclocking or XMP profile
  • Faulty hardware"
VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
"This can come from both software and hardware issues and is usually purely based around the graphics processor. Unstable drivers can cause the issue, as well as excessive GPU temps, GPU failure and more.

Ensuring GPU drivers are up to date is usually the first port of call, but also updating the BIOS and other drivers may help. It is also worth looking at the PSU to ensure it is adequate for the GPU."

Some things to consider:
  • What is the rest of your system spec including PSU make and model? (the rest I have found from the dump files)
  • I can see you are running RAM OC, are you running any other overclock at all?
  • How did you update your drivers? (hopefully not through a driver updater app)
  • I noticed Intel XTU, it may be worth removing this and any changes you have made with it.
  • What stress test did you perform?
  • Have you monitored GPU and CPU temps under load?
The fact that you have already reinstalled windows may show that the WHEA has indeed identified a hardware fault, but I will await the rest of your system spec, namely your PSU make and model.

Reactions: mogv

mogv

Reputable
Nov 6, 2019

Summary of findings:

Some things to consider:

• What is the rest of your system spec including PSU make and model? (the rest I have found from the dump files)
  • I noticed Intel XTU, it may be worth removing this and any changes you have made with it.
The fact that you have already reinstalled windows may show that the WHEA has indeed identified a hardware fault, but I will await the rest of your system spec, namely your PSU make and model.

Hello, thank you so much for your fast answer, im sorry i wasnt faster, i forgot i posted it on here because i posted it on several other sites.
  • My PSU is a EVGA 650 gq
  • Im only running xmp @ 3200Mhz
  • So first i updated it manually, graphics drivers, bios, chipset and all that. I did use ASUS Armoury though, but that is most likely not a problem. The issues accured then aswell, so i decided to download driver booster to maybe see if that downloaded something that couldve fixed it, but no. Same thing. So driver booster isnt the issue. I might aswell redownload windows to get rid of those driver booster drivers, right.
  • I do have Intel XTU but ive not made any changes, all are on defualt, should i still remove it?
  • I did aida64, stress testing memory , cpu and gpu. Ive used heaven aswell and it worked perfectly, no issues at all.
  • Ive monitored CPU and its at around 55-65 when playing cod mw. I will monitor my GPU today
I actually think that the WHEA happened because i held in the power button when loading into Windows, that issue hasnt happened since so i think it was to protect Data.

Thanks for your time <3

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
My PSU is a EVGA 650 gq

Im only running xmp @ 3200Mhz
It may be worth disabling this until you confirm the issue has gone away. Sometimes some XMP profiles can cause issues.

So driver booster isnt the issue. I might aswell redownload windows to get rid of those driver booster drivers, right.
If you had it before this, then no, probably not the issue, but I'd avoid any driver updaters going forward as they have a notorious habit of installing incorrect or unnecessary drivers and cause more harm.

I do have Intel XTU but ive not made any changes, all are on defualt, should i still remove it?
If you're not using it at all, just remove it anyway, as no harm done, and sometimes it can still cause issues as it can still be running services in the background.

I actually think that the WHEA happened because i held in the power button when loading into Windows, that issue hasnt happened since so i think it was to protect Data.
WHEA BSOD wouldn't occur by holding in the power button. But a WHEA log error in the event viewer potentially would if you shut down the PC during it.

Solution

mogv

Reputable
Nov 6, 2019

If you're not using it at all, just remove it anyway, as no harm done, and sometimes it can still cause issues as it can still be running services in the background.

WHEA BSOD wouldn't occur by holding in the power button. But a WHEA log error in the event viewer potentially would if you shut down the PC during it.
Ive had it for quite a while, 3-4 years i think. I did try my friends power supply and i still got kernel power error bugcheckcode 0

i went into bios and turned off xmp and changed back the pcie speed to 3.0, i got a whea bsod when i got into windows and after reboot that a driver irql not less or equal, So i went back and turned xmp on and it started working.

noted

noted

A Pretty weird thing happened earlier, i went into bios and turned off xmp and changed back the pcie speed to 3.0, i got a whea bsod again and after that a driver irql not less or equal, So i went back and turned xmp on. Ive now redownloaded windows, i installed all drivers manually, not trough armoury crate or anything like that. chipset drivers, windows update, and graphics aswell as LAN. Tomorrow im gonna try cod mw with only these drivers installed and google chrome. I will come back with an answer as soon as im done with the test. As said i tried my friends psu and it still happened, so im probably gonna try his graphics card this week or so.

Reactions: PC Tailor

mogv

Reputable
Nov 6, 2019

Summary of findings:

Some things to consider:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Ive had it for quite a while, 3-4 years i think. I did try my friends power supply and i still got kernel power error bugcheckcode 0

i went into bios and turned off xmp and changed back the pcie speed to 3.0, i got a whea bsod when i got into windows and after reboot that a driver irql not less or equal, So i went back and turned xmp on and it started working.

noted

noted

A Pretty weird thing happened earlier, i went into bios and turned off xmp and changed back the pcie speed to 3.0, i got a whea bsod again and after that a driver irql not less or equal, So i went back and turned xmp on. Ive now redownloaded windows, i installed all drivers manually, not trough armoury crate or anything like that. chipset drivers, windows update, and graphics aswell as LAN. Tomorrow im gonna try cod mw with only these drivers installed and google chrome. I will come back with an answer as soon as im done with the test. As said i tried my friends psu and it still happened, so im probably gonna try his graphics card this week or so.
I will await your feedback my friend :)

What memory test did you do? If not, I would potentially also run MEMTEST https://www.sysnative.com/forums/threads/test-ram-with-passmark-memtest86.24300/

mogv

Reputable
Nov 6, 2019
I will await your feedback my friend :)

What memory test did you do? If not, I would potentially also run MEMTEST https://www.sysnative.com/forums/threads/test-ram-with-passmark-memtest86.24300/
I played cod mw for around 1 hour and 20 minutes, when i was gonna close down the game it crashed, it all just froze, i got kernel power bugcheckcode 0.

I did windows memory diagnostics, i dont think its the ram because i had another pair before and it happened so i changed them, but still happens. but ye i can run the memtest, for how long would it be required?

I will borrow my friends graphics card this weekend to check further into it, would i need to uninstall amd drivers and install nvidia or can i keep amd and just install nvidia? is that fine?

Thank you for all the help so far!

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I did windows memory diagnostics, i dont think its the ram because i had another pair before and it happened so i changed them, but still happens. but ye i can run the memtest, for how long would it be required?
If you had previous RAM that had the same issue don't worry. But generally you would run it for at least 4 passes.

I will borrow my friends graphics card this weekend to check further into it, would i need to uninstall amd drivers and install nvidia or can i keep amd and just install nvidia? is that fine?
It is best to use DDU to uninstall - as the drivers can cause conflicts. Being as you are trying to eliminate the freezing, last thing you'd want to do is create more conflicts that might mask or create a new problem.

Aug 31, 2019
Hey did you fix this because i have the same problem. I didn't update my bios yet I'm scared of bricking my motherboard. Also my psu, ram, motherboard, cpu and ssd are new. Maybe bios update is going to fix it or my gpu is bad or something. What do you think? If you solved your problem please help me. I appreciate it. 😀