[SOLVED] Kernel Power Crash Event 41 Bugcheck code 0. Driving me Nuts.

Jan 24, 2022
I've been having these issues for a few weeks now. My computer will randomly restart or shutdown with no BSOD or dump file. I originally found it odd that my computer wasn't creating dump files of any kind during a crash so i crashed svchost in powershell to see if windows created a dump file and it did. This particular crashing though seems hardware related. In event viewer, I'm not getting any bug check codes going off. which leads me to believe it's hardware related.
I had my CPU overclocked to 5.2ghz on all 10 cores as well as XMP enabled. I reverted to default to see if the OC decided to be unstable and I got my second crash within 12 hours. I'm leaning to my ASUS PSU being faulty as everything i buy from this company takes the <Mod Edit> within a year, but im not quite sure. I've done a full windows clean install and no luck. Problems persist through clean install.
I wanted to get an opinion from someone who's been through this issue before to steer me in the right direction. I am thinking about replacing the PSU first,
I've attached both events from the two crashes I had today https://easyupload.io/m/ilkv3

Specs:
  • Asus Z590 Maximus Hero
  • KEVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080
  • 2x Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVME
  • Asus ROG Strix 1000W 80+ Gold PSU
  • 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 Ram

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 24, 2022
It seems like power issue to me, a test with other PSU would clear the doubt.
I ordered an EVGA supernova 1000w PSU. I checked all my connections and cables for any physical damage just to be sure. It has to be either the PSU or the Motherboard. All my disks, ram and GPU pass any major stress tests. My OC survived 48 hours of prime 95 avx workload back in the day when i initially set this OC. my 3080 passes every single furmark test with 98% or higher and I get no errors running anything under the sun.

Reactions: lvt
Jan 24, 2022
update: I got another kernel power shutdown yesterday with a bugcheck code of 262. So we're now on 6 Kernel Power Error codes 5 with bugcheck code 0 and 1 with bugcheck code 262.
I installed a new EVGA Supernova 1000W PSU. I will monitor for the next few days and see if the problems happens again.

Reactions: lvt
Jan 24, 2022
update: I've had a new PSU installed for just shy of 2 weeks now and I have not had any errors or crashes of any kind. It seems that the PSU was the issue. I'm so disappointed in ASUS. Every single product I've ever owned from them has had to go back for an RMA within 5-8 months. I think this is the last time I buy an Asus product. Thanks for the help!