Kernel-Power event id-41 task category-63

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Comedy112

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
wondering if anyone can help me fix diagnose what's causing this? I've had BSOD stop codes such as; REFERENCE_BY_POINTER, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (what failed: ks.sys), SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (what failed: win32kfull.sys), IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, BAD_POOL_HEADER, REFERENCE_BY_POINTER again, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (what failed: e22w7x64.sys), SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (what failed: nvlddmkm.sys), KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE.

These are just all the ones I were present for (meaning I was actually using my pc at the time of the crash and saw the codes). In the event viewer/system log thing they all say kernel-power event id-41 task category-63. I've tried to stop these crashes by; replacing psu, replacing current os drive with new drive+fresh copy/installation of windows 10.

This is all of the information I know of to provide, but am able to provide more detailed information regarding anything necessary to help diagnose the root cause of these crashes. please help :(

Comedy112

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
Event after going back to a version that is 8 months old, it still crashes.

On Thu 2/02/2017 12:42:00 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\020217-5125-02.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: lgbusenum.sys (LGBusEnum+0x1F0)
Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x2004, 0xFFFFA10F17E4D8F8, 0xFFFFF805E1D401F0, 0xFFFFCA80CB7080F8)
Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\lgbusenum.sys
Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: lgbusenum.sys .
Google query: lgbusenum.sys DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

On Thu 2/02/2017 12:25:13 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\020217-4984-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: lgbusenum.sys (LGBusEnum+0x1F0)
Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x2004, 0xFFFFA8888EE53A68, 0xFFFFF809042D01F0, 0xFFFFD1809E4950F8)
Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: lgbusenum.sys .

On Thu 2/02/2017 12:08:54 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\020217-5125-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x2004, 0xFFFFD98DED24F378, 0xFFFFF80E766D01F0, 0xFFFFC90089B5F0F8)

On Thu 2/02/2017 11:48:56 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\020217-4921-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x2004, 0xFFFFB98408E38BF8, 0xFFFFF80A579F01F0, 0xFFFF8E808874D0F8)

Comedy112

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
yeah I just ran driver verifier after completely uninstalling lgs. My pc was able to boot up perfectly fine without entering a BSOD loop, and verifier is still running now and no crashes so far. It has only been about 2 minutes though.

Comedy112

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017

Yeah, it definitely looks like the BSODS caused by lgs are gone now that it's uninstalled. I'm wondering if I should run driver verifier and include all drivers, not just ones that aren't related to microsoft. I mean, I've had multiple BSODS over the past few months, and different error codes for all of them (see OP), surely they weren't ALL caused just by lgs?

Colif

Win 11 Master
No. they also caused by Nvidia and Killer, but we fixed them already (Or i mentioned both those in my 1st reply). Another was caused by skype but it might have been actually caused by killer as skype would rely on lan drivers to communicate

I have asked someone else to have a look at this and see if we missed anything along way.

Comedy112

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
Ah, I see. Yeah they shoulld both be fixed. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out with this, I really do. I'm going to keep this thread open for a while as well just in case. Thanks for your help :)

Comedy112

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
and we're back again.

021017-6687-01.dmp - Google Drive ---> latest dump

On Fri 10/02/2017 10:35:03 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021017-6687-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32kfull.sys (win32kfull+0x86A08)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFF800E4D686A08, 0xFFFFD080BD36E4D0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32kfull.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Colif

Win 11 Master
(Colif just ignores the post and says, I must be imaging things)

Since I am suffering from an illusion, win32full is desktop driver. it says that in the error. Most of the time it relates to GPU drivers... we fixed them didn't we?

this might help
right click start button
choose command prompt (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter

this scans system files and may fix this behaviour

Next time we say its fixed, give it a few weeks...

Comedy112

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017

yeah, did the command prompt thing, it said it found no integrity violations. We did fix them, well I follow the steps in order to fix them anyway. :(

Colif

Win 11 Master
Look in Device Manager to see if any devices are marked with the exclamation point (!). Review the events log displayed in driver properties for any faulting driver. Try updating the related driver.

Check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help pinpoint the device or driver that is causing the error.

MS Description of error

Trying to figure out what win32kfull exactly does, my guess is its for 32bit software. will figure it out when i edit this

Comedy112

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
Yeah my guess is 32 bit software as well, but I dont see why I would have any 32bit software if my sys tem is 64bit. There was 1 thing in device manager with an exclamation mark. I've copy and pasted the information below :)

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Information:

Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&3ac2baee&0&6 was configured.

Driver Name: usb.inf
Class Guid: {36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}
Driver Date: 06/21/2006
Driver Version: 10.0.14393.0
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Section: BADDEVICE.Dev.NT
Driver Rank: 0xFF0000
Matching Device Id: USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE
Outranked Drivers: usb.inf:USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE:00FF2000
Device Updated: false
Parent Device: USB\ROOT_HUB30\4&2188f0d&0&0

Colif

Win 11 Master
What USB ports are you using? I mean, how many and any devices apart from Mouse/Keyboard? What type of keyboard/mouse do you have?
Error is saying a USB device attached isn't being recognised correctly by PC.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1511541/solved-unknown-usb-device-issue/10

Do you have a PS2 mouse/KB? (one of lucky ones if you do)

That is a standard USB host controller. What are the computer specs, model, etc.
Generic USB help
1. Check if the device works in another computer to see if you encounter the same issue. If you have the same problem, there might be a problem with the device. If you believe your device is faulty, contact the manufacturer.

2. Before Windows can find and install a driver for your USB device, it must be able to correctly identify the device. Occasionally you might have a USB device that Windows doesn't recognize and that did not come with a disc containing a driver. In this case, you can look for a driver on the device manufacturer's website. You can often download drivers from the support section of such sites.

3. Download and install all the drivers for your motherboard. See how it goes.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/2935b9f0-3930-4bd3-b13b-8fd3f67e5348/usbvid0000pid00026249cc96b02-can-you-help?forum=w8itprohardware

Comedy112

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017

Im using a 7port usb 3.0 hub, which is plugged into a usb 3.0 port in the back of my computer. I have 2 external hard drives plugged into the usb hub, a corsair k70 plugged into the back of my computer (can't remember which port), a logitech g430 and a logitech g502 (can't remember which ports).

Although I thought that if windows cant recognize the device, it meant that the device won't be working. All of my devices are functioning properly, so I guess windows not recognizing them has nothing to do with if they are working or not?

apologies for the late reply. I have been away from my pc for a few days and will be able to give you more accurate information in regards to which ports the devices are plugged into once I return home in a few days.

Colif

Win 11 Master
No need to apologise, I can wait. reply when you are near PC again and I will read through link again

I would unplug the hub and restart PC and see if error is still there. It may not be the hub and instead be one of the hdd attached to it (if error isn't there with hub unplugged), might have to play around with them and see which creates the errors

I wonder if USB is the source of the problems with Logitech software. I hate wondering, I wish I knew for sure.

Comedy112

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
ok so it turns out it's my keyboard. as I just unplugge it while looking at device manager, and the error disappeared. and after plugging it back in I got the notification 'windows has failed to recognize a device'. Keyboard is a Corsair Gaming K70 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Cherry Red. I also just noticed that I don't have corsair utility engine installed, so I'm installing it now

Comedy112

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
ok so i've installed corsair utility engine, but when trying to update the firmware for my keyboard through it, it says 'no device connected'. yet I can change the lighting effects? Going to try using usb 3.0 ports instead of 2.0 ports. also, device manager still shows an error for the keyboard..