Kernel-Power event id-41 task category-63

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Comedy112

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
wondering if anyone can help me fix diagnose what's causing this? I've had BSOD stop codes such as; REFERENCE_BY_POINTER, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (what failed: ks.sys), SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (what failed: win32kfull.sys), IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, BAD_POOL_HEADER, REFERENCE_BY_POINTER again, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (what failed: e22w7x64.sys), SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (what failed: nvlddmkm.sys), KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE.

These are just all the ones I were present for (meaning I was actually using my pc at the time of the crash and saw the codes). In the event viewer/system log thing they all say kernel-power event id-41 task category-63. I've tried to stop these crashes by; replacing psu, replacing current os drive with new drive+fresh copy/installation of windows 10.

This is all of the information I know of to provide, but am able to provide more detailed information regarding anything necessary to help diagnose the root cause of these crashes. please help :(

Comedy112

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
I've tried both 2.0 and 3.0 ports, neither changed anything. I did just uninstall the CUE software and installed an older version, and was able to update the keyboard's firmware through that (although it said it already had the latest firmware). Device manager still shows an error :(

Colif

Win 11 Master
At this point, I don't know. If you could use another keyboard and not get the BSOD again, then it would tell us for sure. It fixes one thing

it appears USB devices can cause win32kfull errors, and the looking in device manager idea came from possible solutions for the error

Comedy112

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
I see. I just unplugged my keyboard, and only plugged in the cable with the picture of a keyboard on it. I plugged the cable with a picture of a keyboard into a usb 3.0 port, and the device manager error went away, and my keyboard is functioning fine. I'm just going to leave it like this for a couple of days and see if my system still gets a BSOD. Will keep this post updated in a few days.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I wasn't aware it had 2 cables but then it makes sense if its got usb pass through as well. I had forgotten my previous keyboard had that as well - current one doesn't.

Corsair_Vengeance_K70_Mechanical_Gaming_Keyboard_USB.jpg

Comedy112

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
it crashed again, win32 again. I'm giving up, just going to live with it till I upgrade or something

On Sat 25/02/2017 3:41:46 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\022517-4906-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32kfull.sys (win32kfull+0x86A88)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFBDAFED686A88, 0xFFFFE181CF1B0C00, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32kfull.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I see he has two sets of ram he uses,32gb total from 2 sets of 2x8gb,might be that they don't play well together.Upping the voltage might help.They can run up to 1.65V but should right now run 1.5V. Adding 0.05V per time should do fine for testing,but as said not higher than 1.65V.
Might even need adding voltage to the memory controller or adjusting timings,but that is for a later time.

let the op make a thread in the memory section of the forum..

It might have nothing to do with it since it seems software related,but you can give it a shot.Software in the end uses ram to work.

just some ideas i received about your post

Comedy112

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
yeah I've got 4 sticks of ram, 8gb each. The ram in dim 1 and 3 came in a package, and months later I bought the same package again and inserted the ram into dims 2 and 4. There shouldn't be any problems with any of them as they are the exact same model etc. But I will take the newer ram out (as the period where I only had 16gb ram was BSOD free) and see how things go.

Comedy112

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
wow that is pretty crazy, I never actually knew that. Thanks for the link, I'm going to take the new ram out immediately and I'll post back in a week (or whenever it crashes) to keep this thread updated.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Thanks for the input Vic :)

Now I see he did mention both types of ram and I did say I wasn't sure... there are so many things to take into account.. wonder if ram is cause of the other errors you were getting from keyboard and intel

TRENDING THREADS